• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Matrix Campaign Series
11-11-2007, 02:06 PM,
Matrix Campaign Series
Okay guys,

My Birthday present is in from my daughter... Matrix CS... loaded... patched... and practicing againt the computer... and man do I need some practice...

What are the pro's and con's of the Matrix edition of CS? What are some of the improvements under the hood that make this new version stand out?

Any one have some thoughts for this rookie ;) on the new version of the game and how it improves the realism and playability of the game.
Quote this message in a reply
11-11-2007, 02:22 PM,
RE: Matrix Campaign Series
Pro
No CD
all in one menu
all the countries from the previous mods
new units
continuing support and improvement
night battles and starshells

Cons
Haven't found any yet, doubt that anyone will
11-11-2007, 07:54 PM,
I like it.......still experimenting with a lot of the stuff..........but the main thing I enjoy are the extra units and the new toys for running campaigns.....the possibilities seem almost endless

Another real positive is there seems to be a fair amount of support from the parent company.
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."
11-11-2007, 08:51 PM,
There is also a temporary patch you should load up. Link below. The description of the patch states that it corrects minor OOB errors in all three fronts (East, West, Rising Sun) but if you want to play any of the minor allies in WF you need to load this up.

So far it seems to fix issues with Belgian, Dutch, and Free French units.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1534517
11-11-2007, 09:38 PM,
Pro:

Agree with junk2drive´s points,
and it works under WinVISTA now.

Agree with von Earlmann: new units (Bomber, captured units, ...), all in one the best CS Game.

Contra:

Problems until today with some oob´s (but i´m sure Jason and his team give all their best to fix them).

Regards and have fun,
Stefan
I create and revise: Order of Battles, Table of Equipments, Weapon Values for Modern Wars (in work: DG Lebanon War 1982 - 1985, DG Falklands War and again CWE!)
11-11-2007, 11:39 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-11-2007, 11:40 PM by Herr Straße Laufer.)
Positives:
As was previously stated, it is supported by Matrix, which may be the most important. Their getting Tiller back in to fix some code and make it work on Vista was a real coup.
Jason does his usual "kick ass" job, as he quickly tries to answer questions and fix bugs.
New units and scenarios.
It's more flexible now than before. As Earl said the possibilities seem endless.
Some really neat von Neimack creations are included.
No CD to have to wear out!

Negatives:
Early release versions were bug laden.
Some scenarios are not clearly labled for versus AI or H2H.

I have not tried the campaigns. Maybe someone can let us know what is going on there?

And, Happy Birthday Jim! Party
11-12-2007, 12:14 AM,
Thumbs_Up  RE: Matrix Campaign Series
Pro-I successfully used RS with the new dates available to convert my Korean War Mod to Rising Sun! The Banzai routine works well for the CCF for their Human Wave! Here's a few screenies.

Calling a Human Wave attack on Belgian unit.

.jpg   Human Wave.jpg (Size: 445.83 KB / Downloads: 51)

Main screen shot.

.jpg   menuscrn.jpg (Size: 113.52 KB / Downloads: 45)
11-12-2007, 03:48 AM,
Another pro: Empty transports (MCs and horses) can move once their passengers move out.
11-13-2007, 10:25 AM,
Regarding Mr Roadrunners query about the campaigns. I have had problems with the EF Linked Campaigns with horse cavalry units locking into the firing mode when engaged, thus stopping the campaign. Jason has assured me the "shooting cavalry" will be fixed with the 1.03 patch (for Christmas!!!)
"Artillerymen believe the world consists of two kinds of people: other artillerymen and targets."
11-17-2007, 02:11 AM,
Mike,

is the Human Wave a part of your Mod now or will it come in the future? Like it very much ... and your new Main Menu too.

Regards,
Stefan
I create and revise: Order of Battles, Table of Equipments, Weapon Values for Modern Wars (in work: DG Lebanon War 1982 - 1985, DG Falklands War and again CWE!)