• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

H2H
11-10-2007, 10:07 AM,
H2H
Fellows,

RE the WF scen "2nd Armored Div": Huib and I just completed our fight of it. He was so kind to rate it an "8", in enjoyability...even after I trashed a lot of his units. The French are fixed for an early variable release. He won a minor victory. There is a strategy that might work...for the French...if they are given the opportunity...by: 1) their opponent and 2) by the die rolls...se la vie...

Some of the unresolved questions I have are:

-Does fixing the French help the Germans too much?

-Since the scenario was designed using "visibility 1" rather than night, and Huib has converted into "real" night...How many turns must the scen be extended...if at all?

-Is playing with one of the unbalanced French units worth anybody's time?

-Are there any other oppinions, out there, outside of Huib's...and mine?

Cheers
Curt
Town Drunk
Quote this message in a reply
11-10-2007, 10:38 AM,
RE: H2H
I have not tried the scenario but in general I don't mind playing "unbalanced" scenarios if they simulate an historical event. As long as the scenario is not trying to simulate a one sided slaughter I think it is fun to try and see how well one can do against bad odds. For ladder play folks could always switch sides.

I think the extensive use of fixed units for a defending side only works well for play against an AI defender.
11-12-2007, 05:29 AM,
RE: H2H
Please FILL in the comments box in the test scenario to help the desinger fix any probs or change certain things to make the game better.