• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Sound Problem
11-07-2007, 08:27 PM,
Sound Problem
I've recently had to reinstall EFII, WF and RS following my hard drive problems. The installations went fine, when loading the games the sound works fine on the smackplay and scenario selection screens, the problem that I have is that when I launch a scenario I get the message "failure to create direct sound object" and no sound will play in the scenario, I have this problem with all three titles. I reinstalled the drivers for my sound card but that didn't work. Does anyone have any thoughts?
Quote this message in a reply
11-08-2007, 04:43 AM,
RE: Sound Problem
Try deleting the games then sound files then installing sound card files first.Have has a similar prob but installing the sound card again fixed it make sure the windows drivers are installed.
11-09-2007, 01:20 AM,
Thanks for the suggestion, sadly no luck - it's bizarre, my sound works perfectly during the Smackplay/startup screens but refuses to work in the programme itself. Unfortunately I'm having this problem with every game I play - they are all trying to claim that I have no sound hardware installed, however after three hours playing with windows troubleshooter, Windows is convinced that my sound card works (I REALLY hope that I'm not going to have to reinstall Windows:hissy:)
11-09-2007, 02:00 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-09-2007, 02:01 AM by RedDevil.)
uninstall your sound device, not just the drivers, then reboot, allow windows to search for drivers, and install them.. UNLESS you have a CD to install from.

If you have a CD, DO NOT allow Windows to search or install,
cancel the process and insert your CD and Install your device and update your drivers from the company's website.
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
11-10-2007, 09:11 AM,
Not sure if this will help, but see if you have this file in your directory;
setupapi.dll, might try deleting it, (best to make a backup copy, just in case). This file often produces that error in other Tiller games. Just a thought.
Send this user an email
11-11-2007, 02:36 AM,
Thanks for the replies - in the end I gave in and reinstalled everything, that worked:happy: If I owe anyone a turn I can now reply to it:cool: