• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Panther Vs Tiger
11-04-2007, 12:26 AM,
Panther Vs Tiger
:chin:

Guys Im playing a game whereas I have 1 76mmL52AT gun, one Panther A 76mm L70 and one ISU-152 all shooting AP,s to a Tiger(late) which is a frontal fight at 289meters more or less.

The tiger is lower and I am shooting in the upper front hull mostly, Ive had all ricochet's from about 5 panther shots and 5 ISU-152 shots!! My penetration is well over the 102mm armor at 8 deg, I taught. Also the AI say's my Panther have low chance of killing the Tiger?? What the heck would it take if a panther cant do the job at 300m.

Every time I used tiger before I was devastated by panthers, how can Tiger deflect AP's so much with 8 degree hull surface?? Any ideas...

I am confused for my next purchases in future games...
Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2007, 12:36 AM,
RE: Panther Vs Tiger
Is this Tiger positively IDed as a Tiger I? Perhaps it is a Tiger II....
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
11-04-2007, 12:46 AM,
mmm, I doudnt game is Dec 43, no Tiger II at that time perhaps the Ferdinand but if its that geee my guys really need some glasses....
11-04-2007, 01:29 AM,
Uranium Wrote::chin:

Guys Im playing a game whereas I have 1 76mmL52AT gun, one Panther A 76mm L70 and one ISU-152 all shooting AP,s to a Tiger(late) which is a frontal fight at 289meters more or less.

The tiger is lower and I am shooting in the upper front hull mostly, Ive had all ricochet's from about 5 panther shots and 5 ISU-152 shots!! My penetration is well over the 102mm armor at 8 deg, I taught. Also the AI say's my Panther have low chance of killing the Tiger?? What the heck would it take if a panther cant do the job at 300m.

Every time I used tiger before I was devastated by panthers, how can Tiger deflect AP's so much with 8 degree hull surface?? Any ideas...

I am confused for my next purchases in future games...

What skill level are your guys ? (Conscript/ Green etc) as this will affect their shooting skills.
Antoni ChmielowskigGames Played : WiTP-AE, TOAW3,Gary Grigsbys War in The East/ War In The West
11-04-2007, 03:04 AM,
Antoni Chmielowski (FGM) Wrote:What skill level are your guys ? (Conscript/ Green etc) as this will affect their shooting skills.

If that's a captured Panther the crew might have negative performance modifications...but those shouldn't affect the power of the gun.
11-06-2007, 12:18 AM,
The guys are actually green's and its a captured Panther. Also interresting that all shots where Ricochet not hit without effect, maybe there is angles the tank be in combination with the Hull that deflect almost anything.

I also wonder if an extreme cold would influence the hull properties???
11-06-2007, 02:16 AM,
Recently I played a scenario called Tarnopol as the german side.

SPOILER ALERT !!

The germans start of with 3 platoons of Tiger I tanks and they do very well against T34/85's and SU85's until the russians get reinforcements in the form of captured Panthers. There was really no contest between them. From long range the Panthers knocked out Tiger after Tiger Crywhere the Tigers couldn't get through the Panthers' armourFiery.
I managed a draw because of the first half of the game and because my opponent didn't (or couldn't) get the Panthers on all the parts of the (huge) battlefield.:whis:

My guess therefore is that you're not up against a Tiger !
11-06-2007, 09:36 AM,
Yea Thats what I am thinking also , Ill let you guys know after the game , for now I'll keep on smoking him ;)
11-08-2007, 10:19 AM,
Yep thats what I was tinking! It was an Ferdinand!

Cant believe even at 200m AI was still showing a Tiger maybe its because Its the first appeareance in 43 of the ferdinand so my guys where confused ?!
11-08-2007, 12:34 PM,
I had a Ferd once, put it on top the highest hill overlooking an open battlefield.. Watched on turn 1 as my OPPs 37mm AA gun Immobbed it and knocked the Gun out on the 1st turn...

Never bought another one..
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard