• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Player Profile #5 Volcano Man.
11-02-2007, 07:38 AM,
Thumbs_Up  Player Profile #5 Volcano Man.
What is your name?

Edward Williams

How did you decide upon your Blitz nickname?

My first armoured regiment that I was assigned to (in the US Army) was the 67th AR Regt, specifically 4-67 AR (which was re-flagged to 1-37th AR in 1996 or 1997). The unit insignia of the 67th AR Regt was an erupting volcano. When I started playing game online, I very well could not use my real name so I looked around the room and saw my 67th AR Regt crest on the wall.

What ladders are you represented on?

Operational Campaigns, Napoleonic Campaigns.

What is your favourite PC War-game?

Any war game with the name “John Tiller” on it.

Who has been your hardest opponent?

Lots of players at the Blitz play with great skill. I am at a loss to think of a single one that was or is more difficult than the rest, but I would say that anyone in the top ten positions of the Operational Campaigns ladder is a good start.

How long have you been a member of the Blitz?

Since 2001.

What War interests you the most?

I am interested in all conflicts throughout history but, if I had to choose, I would have to say that World War I, the Napoleonic Wars and Texas War of Independence are the most interesting to me.

If you could choose to be present at one historical event what would it be?

The Battle of San Jacinto (Texas, 1836).

What is your favourite War movie?

The Alamo (2004 version)

What do you snack on while gaming?

“Goldfish” or “Cheez-its” (both are cheese flavoured crackers)

What is your favourite and least favourite aspect of the Blitz website?

My favourite aspect about the Blitz is definitely the ability to find a gaming opponent with the same interests as me and challenge them to friendly and competitive war game at any time.

I don’t really have a complaint about the Blitz website per se, but if I had nit pick then I would say that the website’s appearance is getting a bit dated.

Do you own any war memorabilia?

No.

What is the best military book you have read?

The Iliad (Homer)

What do you think was the single most important event of WWII?

The Battle of Midway

What is the most interesting documentary you have ever watched?

The Battlefield series (originally aired on PBS) and the History Channel’s Dogfight series.

Which is your favourite HPS PzC title?

Tobruk ’41

Are there any war games catching your eye at present?

GMT Games’ board games, specifically The Great War in Europe Deluxe.

What piece of wisdom would you like to pass on to your fellow Blitz members?

While everyone should have the desire to win, war gaming should not be about winning at all costs at the expense of losing friends, it should be about entertainment, learning more about history, and socially interacting with others. Play honestly and honourably above all.
Quote this message in a reply
11-02-2007, 10:55 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-02-2007, 11:48 AM by Volcano Man.)
RE: Player Profile #5 Volcano Man.
Hmm, did someone from England change my "Armored" spelling to "Armoured"? ;)
Send this user an email
11-02-2007, 11:27 AM,
Ed :rolleyes: Good thing you didn't type the word color Big Grin That would of been edited also. cheers

Good profile Ed

Gary
War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want.William Tecumseh Sherman
11-02-2007, 11:37 AM,
Darn English think they created the English language or something. Good read Ed.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
11-02-2007, 12:12 PM,
ya skipped honourably :P

Darren must have the London spell checking Version installed :)
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
11-02-2007, 01:44 PM,
Ricky B Wrote:Darn English think they created the English language or something. Good read Ed.

Rick

We did !:cool: and then donated it to the colonies for them to change as they saw fit ... :whis::whis::whis:
Antoni ChmielowskigGames Played : WiTP-AE, TOAW3,Gary Grigsbys War in The East/ War In The West
11-02-2007, 05:12 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-02-2007, 05:14 PM by Mr Grumpy.)
Whoops! Eek Caught red handed trying to covertly educate my colonial cousins in the art of the Queens native tongue! :chin:

Come on guys, give us a break :( we were here first....:whis:

As Gramps said it is "colour" not that strange "color" :conf:

cheers
11-02-2007, 06:10 PM,
Antoni Chmielowski (FGM) Wrote:
Ricky B Wrote:Darn English think they created the English language or something. Good read Ed.

Rick

We did !:cool: and then donated it to the colonies for them to change as they saw fit ... :whis::whis::whis:

Strangely enough this is the other way around. When America gained independence the English language to some extent stagnated there, while in England it continued to evolve. This can be seen in the use of such words as "fall" where we use Autumn. Fall is an old middle English word.

So in someways it can be said that the Americans speak a purer, or at least older, form of English than we do in the UK.

That being said, its defintiely tyre, not tire :P
11-02-2007, 11:44 PM,
And is it a strong defense, or shall it be defence :-).
[Image: exercise.png]
11-03-2007, 06:11 AM,
England and America are two countries separated by a common language.

George Bernard Shaw
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp