• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Units Gaining Fatigue - Why?
10-26-2007, 07:34 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-26-2007, 07:35 AM by Engelbrekt.)
Units Gaining Fatigue - Why?
I´m playing Market Garden Alt campaign in a PBEM. It is night, some of my Allied airborne units are Digging-In, others are resting. Now it seems many units are gaining fatigue when they should be recovering fatigue. They are doing nothing, no activity and no fire against them or at the enemy.

Many, if not all, of the units in question were Digging-In the previous turn but I removed that status from them to rest them this turn. Still they have gained fatigue. I understand the rules that switching on or off a command does not affect the unit in the next turn? What am I missing?

//Engelbrekt
Quote this message in a reply
10-26-2007, 08:52 AM,
RE: Units Gaining Fatigue - Why?
Engelbrekt Wrote:I understand the rules that switching on or off a command does not affect the unit in the next turn? What am I missing?

//Engelbrekt

Joining companies in your turn will have the joined unit holding the highest fatigue of the component units. Did you do any of that in your turn?

A turn for fatigue is two player turns. Did the enemy cause any defensive fire from your "resting" troops. They will gain fatigue then.

Are any of the "resting" units set to patrol status? Patrolling at night will incur fatigue for the unit.

If you think you are sure none of these apply, send your before and after game files and password and I'll take a look. Or send the game file to the creator of the Alt scenario. Being an Alt scenario has no basis for this behavior since the fatigue is calculated by the game engine. the players who create these scenarios are very good at understanding the game engine. Many are listed in the credits as game testers for the PzC titles.

A game file speaks a million words.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
10-26-2007, 11:07 AM,
If the units were diggin in and it was a night turn when you removed that status, then you gain fatigue, the game works that way. If it was the last day turn or dusk turn when you removed the diggin-in status then no fatigue is gained, but none recovered (regardless of other events that can cause fatigue).
10-26-2007, 11:10 AM,
Engelbrekt Wrote:Many, if not all, of the units in question were Digging-In the previous turn but I removed that status from them to rest them this turn.

I think it comes down to TIMING.

On the turn before night, after the command report and before you end your phase - that is when to turn OFF the Digging status.

That they were digging in for the Command Report of the first night turn, was enough to trigger *activity*.

Glenn
Send this user an email
10-26-2007, 06:47 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-26-2007, 07:02 PM by Engelbrekt.)
Dog Soldier: The answer is no to all of those, as I said they did not do anything. I´ll be happy to send you the two turns that show the problem.

Glenn: the units were not Digging-In when the night turn started. They were just sitting there, having removed Digging-In status the previous turn. So they should have been eligible for fatigue recovery I thought.

EDIT: OK, I see the problem now. The 20.00 hours turn is Night turn, not dusk as I somehow thought it was. So when I removed Digging-In that turn they still gained fatigue when starting the 00.00 turn.

Thanks DS, vWaldenburg and Glenn.
10-27-2007, 03:57 AM,
Engelbrekt Wrote:EDIT: OK, I see the problem now. The 20.00 hours turn is Night turn, not dusk as I somehow thought it was. So when I removed Digging-In that turn they still gained fatigue when starting the 00.00 turn.

Yes - that would be as I expect.

Glenn
Send this user an email