• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

CMBB Assistance Requested
10-25-2007, 08:51 PM,
CMBB Assistance Requested
I have recently aquired a new lap top computer with the Vista Operating System. I have successfully loaded CMAK but CMBB is balking. My computer locks up at every installation attempt. I think my cd has some battle damage and the D:drive us unable to go through the installation process even though it can see the files on the disk. Is there anyway I can down load CMBB from the internet? I would rather attempt that first than buy a brand new game. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

P.D.
Quote this message in a reply
10-25-2007, 11:13 PM,
RE: CMBB Assistance Requested
Dan, I noticed the CMBB install takes a LONG time (sometimes it runs for 5+ minutes)
It appears the install EXE file is the entire game and it must be copied into a temp folder prior to the install process taking off, hence the long wait.

Try it again, but go make a sandwich while you wait :)
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
10-26-2007, 02:07 AM,
Try copying all the install files and folders from the cd onto the harddrive and then double click the install.exe then. The copying process from cd to hdd might get over a dirty/scratched cd.
HTH
10-26-2007, 04:01 AM,
I think RedDevil is right.
Had the same problem installing CMBO into WinXP.
Once I gave it a chance (like Red Says) it installed just fine.
Patience is a virtue.. :-)
10-26-2007, 04:38 AM,
Soldier Wrote:I think RedDevil is right.
Had the same problem installing CMBO into WinXP.
Once I gave it a chance (like Red Says) it installed just fine.
Patience is a virtue.. :-)

And we all need at least 1 virtue !:whis:
Antoni ChmielowskigGames Played : WiTP-AE, TOAW3,Gary Grigsbys War in The East/ War In The West
10-26-2007, 09:51 AM,
I had let it run for 30 minutes with no results. I forget what the specific message was but basically the dvd drive did not start the installation after I clicked on the installation file.
10-26-2007, 10:32 AM,
Maybe you've already done this, but make sure you disable all virus protection software before installing.

I seem to recall I had a lot of problems with my CM installations with virus protection enabled.
10-26-2007, 09:10 PM,
Thanks Green Hornet, I'll give that a try. However CMAK installed without a hitch so the outlook is bleak.
10-26-2007, 09:12 PM,
Try copying all the install files and folders from the cd onto the harddrive and then double click the install.exe then. The copying process from cd to hdd might get over a dirty/scratched cd.
HTH

I will also give this a try. Thanks
10-27-2007, 06:19 AM,
I had no problems using my 4-year-old CMBB disk with Vista. I had lots of OTHER problems with Vista.....Dear God please help me forgive Bill Gates..... but CMBB runs fine.

Good luck.
"A bad plan is still better than no plan at all." -- Mikhail Tal

[Image: pzV.jpg]