• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

PRIPET TOURNEY ENDS AMID CONTROVERSY!
10-25-2007, 07:26 AM,
PRIPET TOURNEY ENDS AMID CONTROVERSY!
The Final ended today in a 50%-50% Draw between Marshall and Uxcva but in an unforeseen development both are claiming the Trophy!
Stand by for more sensational news as it unfolds..!
What do you say Master Po?

"Ha! One must always expect the unexpected, grasshopper"
[Image: poB.png]
Quote this message in a reply
10-25-2007, 09:06 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-25-2007, 09:11 AM by _UXcva.)
RE: PRIPET TOURNEY ENDS AMID CONTROVERSY!
I've posted this on the Tournament page also but here is why I should be granted the victory in my opinion...

_UXcva Wrote:---- Arguments in favor of a victory for _UXcva -----

In regards to the previous draw between Raz and BertB and in response to BertB:
PoorOldSpike Wrote:If it's any consolation to you, I'd already decided before the Tourney began that casualties would decide the victor in draws, but I didn't post saying so because I didn't want to clutter up the thread too much, maybe I should have done, but hell, 50-50 results are such rare occurrences I never bothered..
Needless to say, casualties will also decide any future 50-50's in the Tourney.
Prior to this, you decided in favor of Raz because:
PoorOldSpike Wrote:Okay,after carefully analysing the final scoring screen, I decided that body count rather than flag points would determine the winner, and the winner is therefore Raz_Atoth!

In the analysis below, red denotes the best scorer in each of the 6 scoring categories, and as we see, Raz did best in 4 of them, but Bert in only 1.

Men ok - Bert 75, Raz 78
Tot casualties -Bert 46, Raz 44
KIA - Bert 13, Raz 13
Vehs destroyed - Bert 9, Raz 8
Flag points - Bert 800, Raz 700
Points from enemy casualties - Bert 1235, Raz 1301

How did Marshall and I fare?:

Men ok - Marshall 48, UX 62
Tot casualties - Marshall 73, UX 60
KIA - Marshall 20, UX 18
Vehs destroyed - Marshall 9, UX 10
Flag points - tie
Points from enemy casualties - Marshall 1560, UX 1569
10-25-2007, 10:02 AM,
Uxcva mate, the bottom line is this -
At the end of the final you were left with only 2 x T-34's on the field (plus an armoured car)

But Marshall was left with 4 x Panzers on the field.

Tanks were worth their weight in gold on the Eastern Front, so Marshall must win the Pripet Trophy,sorry muchacho but that's my final decision.

You, Bert Blitzkrieg and me were all knocked out of the tourney because we could only manage Draws, so look on the bright side, at least we all went out technically unbeaten ..:)

As I said in a previous mail, you can have a metal tank paperweight as a consolation prize, choose the type (Sherman, T-34, Tiger etc) and tell me an address to send it to..
10-25-2007, 01:56 PM,
PS - When Raz and Bert tied 50%-50% in an early round, I decided Raz beat Bert because Raz finished with one more AFV, I wasn't too bothered about chickenfeed infantry, and I said so to Bert way back in the tourney thread,quote -
"you lost one more AFV than he did, and as AFV's are worth their weight in gold, that was another important factor tipping the victory his way"

And now Uxcva lost 1 more AFV than Marshall did, so its exactly the same situation and Marshall gets the win..:)

Here's the AFV loss table,

Uxcva lost 8 T-34s, Marshall lost 6 Panzers
Uxcva lost 2 SU-76, Marshall lost 2 Marders
Uxcva lost no car, Marshall lost 1 car