• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Need infantry vs tank tips.
10-20-2007, 11:40 PM,
c_Question Mark  Need infantry vs tank tips.
Greetings!

Any tips on infantry vs tanks, with out the use of bazookas, rpgs etc, etc? Any chance of close assaulting in heavy cover, woods, jungle?
Any advice appreciated.
Many thanks in advance.
Keif149
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
10-21-2007, 03:27 AM,
RE: Need infantry vs tank tips.
I assume you dont have molotov, explosives etc too. In that case assaulting a tank will probably result with a failure. Only exception is light panzers and armoured cars. They are vulnerable against enemy assaults. But the survival chance of the panzer increases with its armor value.
10-23-2007, 01:59 PM,
I conducted a test in which I had an American squad assault a series of AFVs. As Ozgur mentioned, there was some success when the assaults were conducted against halftracks and armored cars. There was less against a Pz II. Of the thirty attacks against a Mark IV, a Panther and a Tiger, not one resulted in any type of damage to the tank. I didn't keep track of how much the tanks' effectiveness declined, but it could not be worth the loss of troops that occurred when the infantry passed its morale test.

Jeff Conner
10-24-2007, 03:09 AM,
My best advice is... let them pass freely over your units , lol

See you in the jungle Dan !!
10-25-2007, 11:31 AM,
Miguel,

Hopefully, running over my squad of 7 Japs with your Sherman, made you downshift a gear anyway! lol

:smoke:
Send this user an email