• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Modding guide for Klaus.
10-09-2007, 07:44 AM,
Thumbs_Up  Modding guide for Klaus.
I think your having troubles because of the way some modders package their mods up.

First thing to do once you've downloaded a mod is unzip it and have a look at the files, if it comes with alternative BMP's for things like markings or in the case of this Tiger shellhits a little house keeping is in order to make things simple for yourself.

Firstly group the different options together in a way that you find convenient, e.g. all shell hit's together or all markings of a certain type together, in sub-folders. This will leave you with a base mod plus any sub folders containing extras.

[Image: 001-19.jpg]

Next check to make sure that all files are numbered only, remove any labels the modder used to help you identify files, as this will stop the modmanager program working properly and the game wont recognize them.

[Image: 003-12.jpg]

You should end up with a folder that contains BMP's that only have numbers like this.

[Image: 002-15.jpg]

Then once you've sorted things out, i tend to look through all the files and delete ones i know i'm not going to use just to keep things simple, zip the file back up. Remember to zip it and don't rar it as McMMM uses zip files.

Then when you install the mod you should end up with a display something like this, here you can see the base mod plus all it's sub folders with all the different options available to install.

[Image: 004-6.jpg]

Please don't forget to install the base mod first before installing any extras as McMMM installs files in the order you tell it to.....so don't install the shell strike BMP then the base mod as the shell strikes will be replaced by the base BMP's.

Hope that helps and made sense. Eek

cheers
Quote this message in a reply
10-09-2007, 08:45 AM,
RE: Modding guide for Klaus.
:whis:
Thanks Fubar,

you made it very clear !

Bye, Klaus
Sic transit Gloria Mundi !
10-10-2007, 01:39 AM,
now that's a CONSTRUCTIVE post

good job FUBAR!

K;)
visit WaT HERE!!!
10-10-2007, 04:44 AM,
Ive had trouble using this program with cMAK... although it works fine with BB. Cant find the destination folder.
10-10-2007, 04:58 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-10-2007, 04:59 AM by Jock.)
Destination folder for CMAK if you use European version is:

CM AK folder then the

Run folder

I believe the run folder isn't in the US version, but the instructions do not mention this.

Ta
10-10-2007, 05:04 AM,
SoG is spot on....

[Image: 002-6.jpg]

cheers
10-10-2007, 05:06 AM,
same here...CMAK works fine....CMBO doesn't at all...Cry
visit WaT HERE!!!