• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

NGP85 The Bolt out of the Blue 1989
10-05-2007, 03:15 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-07-2007, 05:36 AM by Aaron.)
NGP85 The Bolt out of the Blue 1989
Bolt out of the Blue 1.3. Theres been no problems with it so im going to give everyone who wants 2 a try at it. Dont know if i have enough allocated attachment usage so someone might have to post a file for me, if u can drop me a message ill send u the file. Im using 56k so this might take all afternoon while im working outside. Theres extra graphics for the southern units and countries that arnt in the game yet b/c theres no southern map yet. There will be one more graphics uprade b/c Michal is working on some new ones but the names wont change just some pics. Still a little work to be done, just got new info on NVA but its not much different than what i got and im still waiting on regimental ids on about 10 Soviet Divisions. The weather file is what it is, a couple testers had it snow and the reason was there was no weather info for 1989 so all i did was copy the june85 weather, pasted to the bottom and changed the year to 1989, works like a charm. Sorry Guys a qiuck upgrade to 1.4 posted and explained down below. Just the .oob and.scn file.

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way
Quote this message in a reply
10-05-2007, 03:30 AM,
RE: NGP85 The Bolt out of the Blue 1989
Not bad so far but these r small.
Rangers Lead the Way
10-05-2007, 03:49 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-05-2007, 04:37 AM by Aaron.)
Some new Hind icons and added some native language to a bunch of countries in the oob. Some graphics have just been flipped so they r pointing the right direction.
Rangers Lead the Way
10-05-2007, 04:12 AM,
Now the biggins.
Rangers Lead the Way
10-05-2007, 04:35 AM,
Wow .1 MB to spare i better find something else to upload but i guess it leaves out the documents for the WP plans thread b/c it came to 11MB. Feedback is always welcome and encouraged.
Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way
10-06-2007, 06:18 AM,
Hi Tazaaron,

As l'm not up to speed on this mod, are you constructing the Southern map or are we awaiting a future Modern Campaign release.

Superb and really detailed piece of work, feel like a thief in the night when l was downloading the files.
10-06-2007, 07:44 AM,
I looked into making the map but its 14 layers of hell, i did identify all the layers but it would have taken a long time with no guarantee of working, and i got information that one was in the works, so we wait. Maybe an early Christmas present.

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way
10-07-2007, 05:41 AM,
Sorry i was notified of a couple units that were permanently fixed and i screwed up last week and accidentally change American Helo Inf units to foot units, so that has been fixed. Its just the .oob and .scn. 1.4

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way
10-07-2007, 09:00 AM,
Hi Aaron,

Great work, I really like some pieces of new art and generally speaking a great work.

Just taking a look on your work, I realize that AA units with minumun range are almost useless, that's my point: with minumun range 3 as soon as visibility decreases to 2km or less they cannot fire against any kind of air unit since minimun range banned them to do so.
If you go 4 or more hexes far from the unit you try to protect, they don't fire since they don't have LOS to that unit.
So I try to stack them with another units and due minimun range they don't fire against planes, so the only way a AA unit with minimun range 3 can use their AA fire is with maximum visibility and exactly 3 hexes far from the unit intented to protect.

This is intentional?

Bests
César
10-07-2007, 02:23 PM,
Im 3 sheets to the wind right now and ill probably have to come back and answer this tomorrow but AA/SAM units are listed indirect fire unit and the 3 hex visibility limit dosnt effect them and from my exp i have seen then fire out to 8-9 hexs away but as i said im half in the sack and i should wait till tomorrow but i gave it a valiant effort i think. :smoke:

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way