• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

EA 42 The Gazala Gallop Campaign
09-18-2007, 10:01 AM,
EA 42 The Gazala Gallop Campaign
Any takers for this scenario? I will play either side and commit to a return game. I like to use the following opt rules.
Recon spotting
Opt surrender
Low vis air effects
Quality fatigue mod
Opt fire results
Opt assault results
Higher fatigue recovery
Indirect fire by map
Counter battery fire
Night fatigue
No Low fuel
Programmed weather

I prefer the stock supply rules. Choose your side and let me know.
cheers
Quote this message in a reply
09-18-2007, 10:13 AM,
RE: EA 42 The Gazala Gallop Campaign
Krak Wrote:Any takers for this scenario?

I had a report last week that there was a problem with two values in the vic levels inverted - that is if your talking about the STOCK Scn.

I fixed this a couple years ago and it turns out this file is not in the newest EA 42 patch. So be sure to fix up those values, or drop me a line and I can send you the one I sent in for the next patch.

Glenn
Send this user an email
09-18-2007, 10:29 AM,
Yeah that was me who made that report 2 weeks ago about the error. Rich sent me an updated file. All is good now. Thanks for your help. I like the look of this scenario, lots of manouver space. Just need a willing opponent.....
09-19-2007, 07:41 AM,
I have played this scenario as Axis (i won in 88 turns) and Allies (i lost in 110 turns) it is in my opinion impossible for the Allies to win against a solid Axis player, but as i liked the situation so much i planned to make a H2H version but never had the time. :(

Several of the optional rules you have chosen will make the situation even worse for the Allies and also using the default supply rules will also help Rommel. :eek1:

Just my opinion :soap: :)
09-19-2007, 08:18 AM,
That may be the case. I am happy to play allied. I have a plan. cheers
09-19-2007, 08:24 AM,
If the Axis player is competent and you don't lose you must tell me what you did...........:chin:
09-19-2007, 08:34 AM,
On the face of it I agree it seems unbalanced. But I have a theory that may even things up....I hope. I have to find a willing opponent first though. Its a very interesting battle.
09-19-2007, 09:18 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-19-2007, 09:19 AM by bdtj1815.)
I would be happy to be your opponent for this one but must warn you that I have never played a major desert war scenario before. If you are OK with this happy to proceed if you have not found an opponent yet.

Do I need the file/files mentioned in earlier posts? If yes if you send them I will do my first turn asap.

PS My uncle served in one of the regiments under your command so look after 7 Medium Regt RA!
09-19-2007, 10:28 AM,
Ok fine. Will email you the file asap. I would like to play a return game after being your allied whipping boy tho. I will look after your Arty regiment. cheers
09-19-2007, 10:50 AM,
bdtj1815 Wrote:Do I need the file/files mentioned in earlier posts? If yes if you send them I will do my first turn asap.

Actually - you don't need the revised Scn file - but that said I don't see any reason why you shouldn't have it either.

For the info of all, here is what happens behind the scns with Files and such.

Player #1 open the Scn file. The Scn file calls the Info from the SubMap (which in turn calls the MAster Map). Next, it calls the OOB to place the units. Finally it calls the PDT for the other info (who can move how fast in what terrain, Vis and other game factors.

So the Scn file uses the other files. When the player saves, the info loaded from the Scn is saved in a Battle file - be it a BTL, BTE or BTT. As soon as that is done the SCN file is not required any further. Nor is it ever used by player #2.

As a result, changes to a Scn file made after the game starts have no effect. While changes to the OOB take effect right away.

Glenn
Send this user an email