• Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Profile #2 Mike Bowen.
09-17-2007, 12:31 AM,
Smile  Profile #2 Mike Bowen.
What is your name?
Mike Bowen

How did you decide upon your Blitz nickname?
I do not have one, I find with my brain its best to stick with what you can remember. If I had one it would be Davout the best Marshal Napoleon had IMHO.

What ladders are you represented on?
Just PzC, Mrs B gets fed up as it is with the time I spend playing.

What is your favourite PC War-game?
Any PzC, they all have their own personalities, but are all good. I like Medieval Total War II as a break.

Who has been your hardest opponent?
Rev Rico, he does not play like a Rev,he seems to study a game and come up with the ultimate way of playing it with ease.

How long have you been a member of the Blitz?
I think about 2 years but can not remember.

What War interests you the most?
Napoleonic, I have a boardgame I part designed and published on the April 1809 battles which is my claim to fame.

If you could choose to be present at one historical event what would it be?
Ligny 1815, if Nappy had not let Blucher slip away he would never have reached the Waterloo battlefield.

What is your favourite War movie?
Mrs B does not do films, last film we saw was a Herbie film with my niece, I thought I was buying the entire cinema when they told me what the cost of the tickets were. The last one before that was Big.

What do you snack on while gaming?
Nothing too fattening and besides I tend to game post work and pre a delicious home cooked meal by Mrs B.

What is your favourite and least favourite aspect of the Blitz website?
Never really thought about it, I like the whole concept, I guess the bit I sort of find difficult is the scenario lists as its not clear if they are stock or not sometimes?

Do you own any war memorabilia?
My Father in Laws medals. Mrs B was mildly interested that his artillery regiment appears in Sicily43!

What is the best military book you have read?
Too many to decide. I have the very expensive book on Davouts 1806 battles which is excellent.

What do you think was the single most important event of WWII?
Battle of Britain

What is the most interesting documentary you have ever watched?
Can not think of one that stands out.

Which is your favourite HPS PzC title?
To be honest it depends on mood,sometimes panzers sweeping all before them is good but cracking a hard defence is good as well and defending a hopeless situation is satisfying. Nowadays I tend to play long games against a few people I have played over the years and their style matches mine, so if the scenario is good we should have a excellent long game.

Are there any war games catching your eye at present?
Guns of August (when they fix it), Kingdoms for MTW II and Aeogods Napoleonic game should be good. Of course the next PzC and the next Modern title which Glenn says exists, ITS BEEN 4 MONTHS I AM GETTING WITHDRAWALS NOTHING IN SEPTEMBER EITHER ITS VERY UNFAIR. There is another game I am going to test that I hope will be good.

What piece of wisdom would you like to pass on to your fellow Blitz members?
Have fun its only a game. Try and chat to people you play they can be very interesting and you can end up having some quite surreal conversations although remember Americans do not do irony!
Quote this message in a reply
09-19-2007, 07:42 AM,
RE: Profile #2 Mike Bowen.
:soap:
09-19-2007, 07:58 AM,
Mrs B sounds like a saint, Mike, even if you do have to do the ironing. Good writeup.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
09-19-2007, 08:15 AM,
Mrs B is becoming a bit of a PzC UK legend! :bow:
09-20-2007, 03:22 AM,
Only in her own lunchtime or rather coffe time