• Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Team game challenge
09-13-2007, 07:57 AM,
Team game challenge
Hello Tovarisches!

This one is for those brave and pure of heart! Big Grin
This is a challenge for a team game based on winWW2
A quite big game, 15k points for each side, 40 to 50 turns..
Location??? our beloved Motherland..Russia..well some will remember I usually fight under the german colours but that's life Big Grin
the year 1942 so must be easy for the german players to smash our poor forces :)
By the way for the Soviet side you will face me and Jagdpanther

Further rules will be discused later.

Da Rodina!!
[Image: FARibbon.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
09-14-2007, 01:36 AM,
RE: Team game challenge
One moment, I think there will be a command among Russian commanders ! :cool:
Has made the announcement in club SPR.
Send this user an email
09-14-2007, 11:48 PM,
Epoletov [SPR Wrote:.]
One moment, I think there will be a command among Russian commanders ! :cool:
Has made the announcement in club SPR.

Hey Bud, I didn't understand what you mean, could you explain it better?
:)
[Image: FARibbon.jpg]
09-15-2007, 01:09 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-15-2007, 02:20 PM by Epoletov [SPR]..)
Hey Bud !

There are no players from club SPR for this fight.
Has offered them, but nobody has responded.
Send this user an email
09-15-2007, 06:14 AM,
Team game?? ahh the magic words!! - and ww2 to boot.. if there have been no takers yet, count me in!!

I'll start fishing for a team-mate..

15K points in 1942 ought to generate quite a fun battle!

Beware of those T34/57's that carry APCR ammo!!

-Greybeard
09-15-2007, 06:27 AM,
How does a team game work?
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
09-15-2007, 07:14 AM,
Hello Chris,

When I've set them up - each player is assigned a number of points that they are allowed out of the total purchase..

One player is set as 'team captain'.. the team captain is responsible for all of the unit purchasing, and general setup that only one player can do.. (setting password, picking map, setting options, etc) - each player needs to provide the captain with a 'shopping list'.. just getting the purchase completed can take a few days..

At the deployment, since WW2 and MBT allows saves of partial deployment, the files are passed to all team mates in turn to deploy thier troops.. when multiple players use the same country, then it's advisable to rename the units and personalize them for each player
:like GB tank (Greybeard's Tank)

For play sequence - the team captain receives the files and distributes it to team. They look at the game, possibly discuss tactics, and then play the turn - as each team member completes a turn - the file is passed to the next player, and finally it is passed back to the team captain(team captain always gets a CC for each send).. once all the team is done, the captain hits 'end turn' and sends the files back to the opponents captain.

this works OK with basic security, but when WW2/MBT were DOS games, the security routines trashed team games pretty quickly - they were played with no security whatsoever.. with the new WIN versions, I'm not sure about 'full security' mode - I haven't tried it yet..

Just the basics here to get things started. Keeping a team game running can be almost as hard as keeping a tourney running.. and takes alot longer.. a 50 turn team game with 2 players could take 6 months or longer to play.. figure that you have at least 2 days per turn per side.. so 3-4 days for a single complete turn cycle.. there needs to be serious commitment once a team effort has started.. the more players involved, the greater the time span needed to finish the game..

I strongly recommend no more than 3 players per side for something like this.

-Greybeard
09-15-2007, 08:38 AM,
Hi Steve; Thanks for the explanation...and nope, that isn't for me.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
09-15-2007, 10:59 AM,
Hi Greybeard.....I'd be to being your second if you don't have a partner yet ....let me kow?.......Jim
09-15-2007, 03:21 PM,
Hello Jim,

Well, first taker wins the ring :)

Sure, I'd enjoy working a team game with you..

Von Bismark, JP, how many players per team are you looking for?

Greybeard