• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Scenarios done after squad leader game
09-10-2007, 02:50 AM,
Scenarios done after squad leader game
I'm new to the site, I had the old board game squad leader, and was wondering if anybody ever made up some of the old scenarios that they had in it. thanks
Quote this message in a reply
09-10-2007, 04:05 AM,
RE: Scenarios done after squad leader game
I use to love playing Squad leader, Did not like Adavanced squad leader so much made it far to complex.
09-10-2007, 04:20 AM,
By trying to make it more realist they made WAY too complicated to play. My brother still has the old game we were wondering about the scn. before we tried to remake them. This talon soft is just a watered down version of that game, and the computer takes away all the figuring you had to do.
09-10-2007, 04:35 AM,
There are some scenarios floating around based on the Panzer Leader game. There might be others for Squad Leader. You might find them at the Wargamer web site. http://www.wargamer.com/gamesdepot/
War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want.William Tecumseh Sherman
09-10-2007, 02:27 PM,
Not sure about the Campaign series but the Squad Battles games Eagles Strike and Advance on the Reich both have user made Squad Leader scenario packs plus others for download.
Try the Squad Battles board for more detailed info from the experts.
09-10-2007, 04:13 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-10-2007, 04:14 PM by DoubleDeuce.)
I don't think the Campaign Series models that scale. Squad Leader is 40 meter per hex with individual vehicles and squads whereas I believe the Campaign Series represents platoons and 250 meter hexes.
09-10-2007, 07:36 PM,
thats one of the problems with the conversion, should we use a smaller map or more units. I was tossing it around because I think thats were this cs got started, off of board games. I had an old vietnam game with the whole country was just a big hexed paper map with the little unit counters, again the hexes were 40m I think that was a long time ago
09-10-2007, 08:09 PM,
I'm pretty sure Combat Mission has a bunch of ASL scenarios, of course they play out much differently. There is even a bunch of ASL terrain mods if I recall correctly...
09-10-2007, 11:06 PM,
Chuck10mtn Wrote:thats one of the problems with the conversion, should we use a smaller map or more units. I was tossing it around because I think thats were this cs got started, off of board games. I had an old vietnam game with the whole country was just a big hexed paper map with the little unit counters, again the hexes were 40m I think that was a long time ago

The Campaign Series are based more on Panzer Blitz than Squad Leader.

Jason Petho
Send this user an email
09-11-2007, 04:16 AM,
Panzer Blitz were going back a few years there Jason.The one i always wanted to play was the Longest Day ie all units were in German unit info mode huge game but alas no one to play against even ordered it from the US.Some intresting facts on certain units ie German that came with the game.