• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Any known issue with latest FG85 patch?
09-06-2007, 01:15 PM,
Any known issue with latest FG85 patch?
I have a pbem game that was fine until I updated to 1.05. The command box after the replay doesn't show up and units out of visible range are showing up.
Anyone else have any problems?
Quote this message in a reply
09-07-2007, 10:37 AM,
RE: Any known issue with latest FG85 patch?
Never seen that happen before. It is best to upgrade to the next patch at the beginning of the player turn after you have watched any replay in the old version.

If the other player updated first, then you need to update before you open any game file in the new version. It is best in this case to not even copy the bte file into the directory until the patch is performed.

If you copied the game file in first, then patched, it might be worth trying to copy it in again and overwrite the old game file.

If all else fails, try skipping the replay altogether for this first turn after the patch. Things should smooth out after the next exchange of turns.

All of this advise is based on both players working on the same version level.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
09-07-2007, 01:21 PM,
Thanks Dog Soldier. Tried that after reading your post and it didn't change anything. I'm going to ask the player to resend the file to in case something happened in transit.
09-09-2007, 04:22 PM,
Best to always zip your files before sending. If there is still a corruption, send the file and password to HPS support.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp