• Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Profile #1 RickyB
09-01-2007, 06:35 PM,
Smile  Profile #1 RickyB
What is your name?
Rick Bancroft aka Ricky B

How did you decide upon your Blitz nickname?
It was one of the few repeatable nicknames used by my enemies, I mean friends, in my younger days.

What ladders are you represented on?
I am currently active on the HPS Operational Campaigns ladder. I have also played on the Uncommon Valor ladder and signed onto the Civil War ladder but did not report the games I played there.

What is your favourite PC War-game?
It can vary depending on my mood and what level I want to play, but overall, Panzer Campaigns has been my favourite set of games, especially for PBEM.

Who has been your hardest opponent?
Tobias Timm, aka Tet2, has been my most formidable opponent, very wily and hard to get a grip on. Offensively, Mark Scarbrough, aka Scar, has stood out with his hard hitting attacks.

How long have you been a member of the Blitz?
Around 5 years, I believe.

What War interests you the most?
There are a number that I enjoy reading about, as shown by the 250 military history books in my personal library that cover ancient Greece all the way through today’s wars. If I had to pick one, I would say World War 2 though.

If you could choose to be present at one historical event what would it be?
The signing of the Declaration of Independence here in the U.S.

What is your favourite War movie?
Although not terribly historical, I would say Saving Private Ryan. Stalingrad was a good one also.

What do you snack on while gaming?
Wheat thins sometimes, usually nothing though, too busy thinking and playing.

What is your favourite and least favourite aspect of the Blitz website?
My favourite part is the camaraderie and fellowship, and the chance to develop some good friendships with people, even though I have never met most of them. Nothing really bothers me about the Blitz.

Do you own any war memorabilia?
No.

What is the best military book you have read?
Last Victory in Russia, by Nipe, I think, although I would rank another 20-30 right up there with it.

What do you think was the single most important event of WWII?
Rather than part of the war, I think the lack of action by the French and British in supporting Czechoslovakia when German made his demands, leading to the bloody war.

What is the most interesting documentary you have ever watched?
Nothing stands out for me.

What is your favourite Panzer Campaigns game?
It is a tough call, but I think I would choose Kharkov ’42 amongst many good ones.

Are there any war games catching your eye at present?
Maybe the Civil War game from Ageod, if I have time to get into it.

What piece of wisdom would you like to pass on to your fellow Blitz members?
Ugh, I am a fount of non-wisdom, but my philosophy is it is the gaming, have fun and enjoy every game if possible, even when going down to crushing defeat.
Quote this message in a reply
09-06-2007, 03:17 AM,
RE: Profile #1 RickyB
:bow:
Quote this message in a reply