• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Poll: Are you interested in a new tournament?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, I want to take part.
100.00%
10 100.00%
Sorry, not interested.
0%
0 0%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

New Tournament - Taegukgi
08-26-2007, 05:35 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-07-2008, 01:24 AM by Kru.)
Smile  New Tournament - Taegukgi
As I am interested in Korean War a lot, I thought it could be a nice idea to make a new tournament covering that area.
Firstly, everyone is invited.
Originally there were 3 scenarios in play, but I have scrapped one of them because of the lack of balance.
If there is anybody interested please take part in attached poll here, and then we will decide whether we should proceed or not.

Some details so far:
-There are two sides in this game: Communist side, and UN side.
-Once side is determined it cannot be changed.
-Opponents will be determined by computer randomly.
-Two interesting scenarios to play: Chosin50, and Kapyong Valley. (short, balanced, and interesting scenarios)
-There will be a prize for someone with the best score in this tournament, of course.
-Supervisors of this tournament cannot take part in playing. (fortunately, that is only me)
Any other suggestions are welcome!

Please, cast your votes. Thank you.
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
09-03-2007, 12:22 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-07-2008, 01:23 AM by Kru.)
RE: New Tournament - Taegukgi
As far as I remember, the poll was made to last for 30 days. After that period we will see how many players we have to commence playing. First of all, it would be good to have an even number of players. So then everyone will be in pair.
The other very important thing in this tournament is that every player must have TOAW ladder assignment. At the moment from all those players who signed up, two of them don't have such assignment.
It is essential to report every battle played, along with ELO rating variable changing during the course of the game.
ELO rating is a crucial element in pairing players for those two battles we are about to play.
Additionally, before we start players have to inform me which side of the game they prefer. Either Communist side or UN side.
Send this user an email
09-26-2007, 12:12 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-07-2008, 01:23 AM by Kru.)
Alright, the poll has ended, and we have 10 players. :chin:
But...
only 6 of them replied, and one withdraw himself, so far.

The tournament is going to start within 2 days. If I don't get any message from remaining players about the force side they prefer to play, they will not take part in this tournament. Simple. :whis:
Not mentioning proper assignment to TOAW ladder where some of them just don't have it. :(

Personally, I don't focus much on quantity of players, the less they are the faster it might go. What is more, I'm not going to force anyone into this tournament, or to keep them going. Whip
It is everyone's free will.
Besides, there is no everyday opportunity to earn some extra points and win a prize here.
I guess those who are committed to TOAW community will stay and play. :)

See you soon.
Send this user an email
09-29-2007, 08:31 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-07-2008, 01:23 AM by Kru.)
The rules are simple:
There two teams: a Communist one, and an United Nation's.
Each player commencing will be attached to one of the mentioned sides, and will stay there till the end of the tournament.
There two battles to be fought. Chosin 50, and Kapyong Valley.
Pairing players for battles will be made by comparing the actual ELO rating. Thus the best Communist player will play with the best UN player. Less effective player with the other less effective. And so on.
Every battle fought has to be reported to TOAW ladder as normally.
(*pairing players for second battle will be made the same way, thus in case something changes to the ELO rating, players might end up playing different opponents)
When one battle finishes, you have to send me the last file of it. Then I calculate points. It will be done this way.
Every battle played will provide score for two participating players. Each player whenever he wins or loses will have a score that works for his team he's in. Then I will sum those points up for each side (Com & UN), and that will determine what side is a winner for the first battle. (Chosin 50)
The scoring for the second battle (Kapyong Valley) will be done the very same way as the first one. What is more the second battle score will modify the score achieved during the first battle. And then we will know instantly, which team is the overall winning team.
You may thing of it as there is the first entry battle followed by the second decisive battle.

Obviously, there will be bonus points for everyone playing in this tournament.
5 pts - per player per battle fought
10 pts - per player of the entry battle winning team
20 pts - per player of the decisive battle winning team

Additionally, there will be a prize for the best performing player with the best score, which not necessarily has to be from the winning team. :P

All rules of engagement from this ladder apply. Please see dedicated section for that. It is pointless to mention things like 'no undo' or 'reloads' during play.
The only thing I can add, is that in both scenarios it is allowed to capture all opponent's reinforcements entry hexes. I don't see any objection to that.
Don't forget to read scenarios briefings, as well.

Let's play.
Send this user an email
09-29-2007, 08:32 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-07-2008, 01:25 AM by Kru.)
First Entry Battle: (Chosin 50)

Communist Forces: vs United Nation Forces:
1. Fulcrum vs 1. Patton
2. Erik vs 2. Panzer_Kunst

The others haven't replied to me yet, thus I recognize they don't want to take part in this tournament.
Please make contact with your designated players and start playing.
Good luck.
Send this user an email
09-30-2007, 04:58 AM,
RE: New Tournament - Taegukki
Kru Wrote:1. Fulcrum vs 1. Patton

A old friend of mine..... We ´ll play the game with Century of warfare because Patton hasn´t TOAW 3 yet....
Kru, thanks for the tournament :bow:...not too much players but the scenarios are interesting Big GrinBig Grin
09-30-2007, 07:00 AM,
Thumbs_Up  RE: New Tournament - Taegukki
I hope evereyone has a good time !Big Grin:happy::P
Antoni ChmielowskigGames Played : WiTP-AE, TOAW3,Gary Grigsbys War in The East/ War In The West
09-30-2007, 11:11 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-07-2008, 01:25 AM by Kru.)
As far as I know Patton already has TOAW3.
Send this user an email
10-01-2007, 08:55 PM,
Game running......Big Grin
10-01-2007, 08:59 PM,
Good luck Fulcrum !
Antoni ChmielowskigGames Played : WiTP-AE, TOAW3,Gary Grigsbys War in The East/ War In The West