• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Half track question
08-19-2007, 01:25 AM,
Half track question
Ok here is something sure to start a debate again. But since the German halftracks were mounted with the same MG as used by the MG teams in the OOB's why do they not have the same fire rate, effect and range as MG platoons. Also since they come 6 and not 4 to a platoon should not the fire effect be greater as would the defense effect of being in an armored vehical?

:smg:
Quote this message in a reply
08-19-2007, 02:58 AM,
RE: Half track question
majog Wrote:Ok here is something sure to start a debate again. But since the German halftracks were mounted with the same MG as used by the MG teams in the OOB's why do they not have the same fire rate, effect and range as MG platoons. Also since they come 6 and not 4 to a platoon should not the fire effect be greater as would the defense effect of being in an armored vehical?

:smg:

They were, some how they were reverted back to the old halftrack values. This will be fixed in 1.03.

Thanks for pointing it out.

Jason Petho
Send this user an email
08-19-2007, 03:11 AM,
The old values are also still in original WF &EF
08-19-2007, 03:12 AM,
Yeah, but wouldn't all halftracks used by all nations end up with enhanced firepower in that case? In that case an M3 halftrack would have the same firepower as a dismounted .50 cal machinegun team.
"Would you like a large or small crater with that, sir?"
- Republic Commando RC-1262 "Scorch"

"Just get us inside without killing the squad, okay Scorch?"
- RC-1138 "Boss"
08-19-2007, 03:13 AM,
The old values are also still in original WF &EF.

j
08-19-2007, 03:29 AM,
That is my arguement that they should be the same as dismounted units. what is the difference... same gun. same ammo. just more armor
08-19-2007, 04:54 AM,
majog Wrote:That is my arguement that they should be the same as dismounted units. what is the difference... same gun. same ammo. just more armor

Like I noted, they will be fixed in 1.03.

Jason Petho
Send this user an email
08-20-2007, 05:23 AM,
Ah Generals,
Wasn't the gunner an entegral part of the mounted infantry unit?Thus with no infantry the firepower should be.....dare I say...........0000000000000...........and thus ends von Earlmann's part in the latest great 1/2 track debate.......LOL
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."
08-20-2007, 05:25 AM,
That is true so all 1/2 tracks should either need 2 passengers, LOL or they should be considered as part of the crew manning the vehicle. THe same can hold true for armor units. no crew no firing.
08-20-2007, 06:14 AM,
Von Earlmann Wrote:Ah Generals,
Wasn't the gunner an entegral part of the mounted infantry unit?Thus with no infantry the firepower should be.....dare I say...........0000000000000...........and thus ends von Earlmann's part in the latest great 1/2 track debate.......LOL

My understanding is that the rear MG was the squad served weapon, which was dismounted when the squad exits the vehicle, while the front MG was the vehicle weapon served by the #2 of the halftrack crew.

Jason Petho
Send this user an email