• Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Nifty little tip...
07-30-2007, 01:25 PM,
Nifty little tip...
Quote this message in a reply
07-30-2007, 04:01 PM,
RE: Nifty little tip...
In similar vein, when mortaring/shelling a gun, and the gun goes unspotted to icon status before you kill it, when you finally do kill the gun the icon will disappear.
07-30-2007, 04:02 PM,
Um, if I recall correctly, that is. Been a long time since I had it happen in a game.
07-30-2007, 10:09 PM,
That map looks vaguely familiar... how come you didn't include all the burning Panzers in the screenie?... :)
07-30-2007, 10:35 PM,
Why do you have to show exploits of the game engine? A bug is a bug, this is an exploit.
07-31-2007, 01:05 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-31-2007, 01:08 AM by The Coil.)
RE:��Nifty little tip...
07-31-2007, 11:02 AM,
RE:��Nifty little tip...
RedDevil Wrote:That map looks vaguely familiar... how come you didn't include all the burning Panzers in the screenie?... :)

Ummm...there were so many I couldn't fit 'em all, and I didn't want any of them to feel left out. I did manage to squeeze your flaming Firefly in at the edge there... ;)
07-31-2007, 11:17 AM,
kineas Wrote:Why do you have to show exploits of the game engine? A bug is a bug, this is an exploit.

This strikes me more as an element of understanding the information that is presented on the screen, whereas exploiting the game engine comes up more in the form of getting units to do impossible things. (I seem to recall on a board somewhere that there was an intense debate about the "gamey" positioning of guns with respect to a hill crest which was considered exploiting a bug in the game engine, but I could be mis-remembering....).
10-18-2007, 10:14 PM,
Hi,
I never heard about nor noticed it myself. Fiery
Thanks for this advice. As you said, now I'll really look for the terrain to disappear.
Greetings,
Mugger
Send this user an email
10-19-2007, 02:22 AM,
There are several gamey bugs/cheats available to be used. No one forces any of us to use them, and if you do not want to yourself, then don't. Make sure your opponent is aware and agrees to the terms of the game before you start, that way both players will be on a level playing field. I prefer to play with the "detailed armour hits" off, and not to select enemy units for information, as well as only directing fire from units in Command-using the "next target" button only. If my opponent agrees to the terms then I expect him to stick to his word, if we don't discuss terms then I know that I will be at some disadvantage but expect that all will be done to gain an advantage over me.