• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Not clear losses in own rear ?!
07-30-2007, 04:55 AM,
c_Question Mark  Not clear losses in own rear ?!

Please explain, that this such. :hissy:
I move the armies and suddenly a sound of a flying shell and loss in the division !
Usually it occurs far enough from armies of the opponent.

Or prompt in what section Manual MC about it to read through. ;)
Quote this message in a reply
07-30-2007, 04:58 AM,
RE: Not clear losses in own rear ?!
this is the interdiction effect .
07-30-2007, 05:46 AM,
Epo,

You are being "interdicted" by enemy air units. If your units are moving in "T-mode" during daylight/dawn/dusk hours there is a small percentage chance they will be attacked. The percentage chance is listed and can be viewed by hitting the F4 key. It depends upon the scenario and side. You can safely move units via "T-mode" during night turns, bad weather turns or if the enemy has no air units left.

07-30-2007, 06:09 AM,
HirooOnoda Wrote:Epo,

You are being "interdicted" by enemy air units. If your units are moving in "T-mode" during daylight/dawn/dusk hours there is a small percentage chance they will be attacked. The percentage chance is listed and can be viewed by hitting the F4 key. It depends upon the scenario and side. You can safely move units via "T-mode" during night turns, bad weather turns or if the enemy has no air units left.

Just a coupe more to add; Interdiction rates are halved at dawn/dusk and moving a deployed unit onto a unit in T-mode can cause an interdiction strike
07-30-2007, 07:21 AM,
Thanks for the help! cheers

After impact on enemy armies, these divisions of aircraft depart for updating a stock of fuel and arms ?
07-30-2007, 08:38 AM,
The air interdiction aircraft are not represented in the aircraft availability; although, the aircraft availability is used in the calculation of air interdiction. I believe that the formula for the strike is based on the total number of aircraft one side has available in the scenario. But, it does not consider any single air unit used for the air interdiction when determining ground support availability during the player turn.

You will note that you do not see FB-111 as well as other interdiction type of aircraft. These are the aircraft that are considered to be hitting you during an air interdiction strike. They would not necessarily be used for ground support. That is why you do not see them included in the game's OOB.

Regards,
CptCav
Edmund Burke (1729-1797): "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Ronald Reagan: “Détente: isn’t that what a farmer has with his turkey until Thanksgiving Day?”
07-30-2007, 02:33 PM,
RE:��Not clear losses in own rear ?!
CptCav Wrote:The air interdiction aircraft are not represented in the aircraft availability; ....

Actually, I think it picks from any single mission available - and if there are none available, then there won't be any interdiction.

If\when Interdiction happens however, it does not attack with 100% strength, nor does it make the mission unavailable in your next turn - rather it is a tartget of opportunity.

I could be wrong on this as it has been a long time since I've double checked, but that is the way it worked I thought.

BTW, Epoletov [SPR]. mentioned lossing "a Division" - might be just an english translation, but when I first read the post, I didn't think Interdiction right away.

Glenn

Send this user an email
07-30-2007, 07:33 PM,
07-30-2007, 10:42 PM,
I do believe, as Glenn stated, that interdiction is carried out by one specific air unit of the air units that are in the scenario being played. However, I don't think it is limited to available ones at that point in time, as I have seen air interdiction when I ended my turn with nothing or only recon units available, and the next turn comes up with just recon.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
07-30-2007, 10:50 PM,
I am fairly certain I have seen interdiction occur whether there were available air units left unused at the end of the turn or not.

The manual says --

"If Interdiction occurs, then an Air Strike occurs against a unit in the target hex using an air unit that is representative of the type of air unit available to the enemy side. However, this air strike does not count against the air units available by the enemy."

If an unused air unit would have to be available, wouldn't the underlined phrase just say "using an air unit available to the enemy side"?