• Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

OK, Now I'm really confused...��Huib??
07-27-2007, 01:34 PM,
OK, Now I'm really confused...��Huib??
Quote this message in a reply
07-27-2007, 04:44 PM,
RE: OK, Now I'm really confused...��Huib??
It is hardly your fault. CS ME should really not be selectable at any point when one enters a new scn in the database.
Unfortunately...I don't have rights to remove scenarios.... an admin will have to do it.
I would suggest immediate removal of CS ME as a separate identity on this website even in the owned games table.

Huib
07-27-2007, 05:01 PM,
Your entry is already under WF :smg:

Slawek

"We do not beg for Freedom, we fight for it!"

http://swalencz.w.interia.pl
07-28-2007, 06:50 AM,
Thanks again for the help. :thumbs_up:
07-28-2007, 08:43 AM,
:soap:
Having had discussions with a few guys and reading some messages on the blitz,
I'm gonna be controversial and make a few comments re Matrix\Talonsoft CS.

'How could you tell which are compatible with the Talon Soft games if all are in the same catagories? Me has new units and oobs, correct? Those of us with only the Talonsoft version do not want to sift through a bunch scenarios just to find one that plays on the old version. '

- This never got a response, 'tho I felt it was a valid point?

'Why take the risk. Why not support the development being done on the Matrix version and buy it.'
- Maybe some of us do not have the finances to be able to purchase the Matrix version. I for one still haven't bought the Pb discs due to financial problems. I have Talonsoft and enjoy playing them so don't get caught up in the euphoria and let us guys slip into the underworld! We are still part of the Blitz and our comments are equally important.

'We'll prolly have to consider putting a safeguard step into the process in the future, where scenarios aren't added instantly until approved by the ladder custodian, or make it so only custodians can make additions/changes, to get some cooks out of the kitchen..'
- Now there is talk of only allowing custodians to upload\update\change scenarios in the data base. They never even showed me courtesy by replying to any of the e-mails I sent about **** ?

Why not have a separate ladder just for Matrix players? Why do I have to sort through all their posts, and weed out their scenarios from the Talonsoft stuff?

Just a few comments and responses to bear in mind?

I appreciate the efforts put into the matrix edition and in no way am slighting those people or their efforts.
Just trying to illustrate that there may be a few in the blitz who feel the're becoming second citizens?

Peter
07-31-2007, 06:56 AM,
Pete im like you although i do have the money to buy the disks etc but wont until they get all the probs sorted out and as far as im concerned-yes you are member of this club so your points remarks etc are valid.Hopefully in the next 2 months most of the problems will be fixed-ie hopefully then i will by the CD.To any who might repy to this just remember bugs fixes patches etc are a pain in the neck hence the reason for me waiting.Yep i know members are playing and pointing out errors etc but they shouldnt have to they paid money for a game that was supposed work.Ok shoot me im half p******** just my thoughts.
07-31-2007, 09:48 PM,
RE:��OK, Now I'm really confused...��Huib??
Von Luck Wrote:Pete im like you although i do have the money to buy the disks etc but wont until they get all the probs sorted out and as far as im concerned-yes you are member of this club so your points remarks etc are valid.Hopefully in the next 2 months most of the problems will be fixed-ie hopefully then i will by the CD.To any who might repy to this just remember bugs fixes patches etc are a pain in the neck hence the reason for me waiting.Yep i know members are playing and pointing out errors etc but they shouldnt have to they paid money for a game that was supposed work.Ok shoot me im half p******** just my thoughts.

It may appear tha ME has a lot of errors, but I think most of it is quite exaggerated. Apart from the engineer issue that is now solved I have not come across a single error and I play nearly all my games in ME version already. Any statement from people that they bought a game that didn't work is complete and utter nonsense.

Huib
08-01-2007, 02:44 AM,
Von Luck -

thanks for your comments!
My thoughts exactly. If you buy a car and it doesn't start, you want your money back?
With all respects Huib, to the work that has been put in by so many, I think it's a bit condescending to say complaints have been exaggerated
? Look at so many posts that have arisen about problems. I wouldn't buy this, to be honest until it's sorted, much as I want it. The various posts on the MB are like unofficial reviews and they don't come up too well?
I mentioned before, about Talonsoft CS owners feeling second rate and I'm afraid your comments, Huib, are rather dismissive and condescending. Sorry pal, but just speaking my mind.
Hey, Von Luck, - on the wine myself lol!
Peter
08-01-2007, 02:58 AM,
Actually, with the 1.02a update, there aren't that many errors... considering.

List of errors:

1. Endless loop when loaded motorcycles/horses fire at armour vehicles. (I believe this is a weapon.pdt error and I should have a fix for this over the next couple days)

2. AI "Not Responding error" up the AI is playing amphibious scenarios as the player using the amphibious equipment (still trying to figure this one out)

3. Manual needs revising (I am working on it)

4. Battle Generator does not show all the new countries/dates (hopefully this will be remedied with 1.03)

5. Notorious cave problem (that's an 8 year old problem that we are trying to track done)

6. Replacements in East Front not working (I altered the file to increase the amount of replacement points one receives later on in the Barbarossa Dynamic Campaign - obviously it is faulty and will be fixed for 1.03)

7. US Army June 44 unit error in the org editor (fixed it already, just haven't released the fix for it yet)

8. WF Campaign Crash (caused from the new terrain sets, still working on a fix)

That's all I can think of at the moment, which really isn't that bad.

Jason Petho
Send this user an email
08-01-2007, 03:23 AM,
Jason,

FYI...The endless cav/MC loop also occurs against soft targets...it happened against my son in "Crisis at Slonim"...my infantry threw up their hands and said "que paso, amigo"...and the MCs just kep afirin...

very good job though...very good job, considering the amount of new data.

Thanx

Curt
Town Drunk