• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Why are scns added under CS ME
07-23-2007, 01:40 AM,
Why are scns added under CS ME
I thought we were not going to do that. To all: If you add a new scn to the database then please do it properly: so as WF, EF2 or RS and with all fields filled in including the scenario description size modifier etc.

Thanks for your cooperation

Huib
Quote this message in a reply
07-23-2007, 02:35 AM,
RE: Why are scns added under CS ME
Hello Huib,

I agree that existing scens and those that can be played on both versions should be in the EF2, WF and RS folders. However, new scenarios which can only be played with the ME should go in the new CS ME folder. My opinion, for what it's worth............any other thoughts are welcome.

Rob
07-23-2007, 05:36 AM,
This issue was already decided. So thoughts and opinions are not welcome :)
There is not to be a separate CS ME listing, just like a separate Operation Sealion, Fall of the Reich, PB#1 were undesired listings nobody wanted.
Logging games under a wrong listing only means extra work for the custodians, duplicate scns in the database etc.
Not that I have to do the extra work but I just like to see things tidy.

Huib
07-23-2007, 05:38 AM,
I think Huib is about right here.........doesn't matter if they are Matrix scenarios..they are EF;WF RS; etc scenarios and that is all that should be required.........keep it simple :-)
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."
07-23-2007, 06:16 AM,
Well........way back when the Matrix Edition was released, the question was posed, who will add the new scenarios to the database? The answer.....who ever finishes the first battle! Now, this seemed liked it would lead to all sorts of un-tidy type stuff......but there it is. Scenarios are being added without briefings, without supply levels, without smoke level, or air power! Every single new scenario listing has a different look. Not so simple......

Over on the Panzer Campaigns board, all the new release games have there scenarios added by the same person.......custom scenarios are added by the author.......

Having us, non-tidy average everyday types will lead to all sorts of messy stuff......

Rob
07-23-2007, 05:17 PM,
Perhaps Smedley is right here. Probably one of the officers should add all the new stock scns. But then again people should never look under CS ME for scns.
07-24-2007, 09:10 AM,
How could you tell which are compatible with the Talon Soft games if all are in the same catagories? Me has new units and oobs, correct? Those of us with only the Talonsoft version do not want to sift through a bunch scenarios just to find one that plays on the old version. Unless, the ME only ones would state that in the scenario details page. Back to people completely filling out the forms.
Send this user an email
07-25-2007, 12:26 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-25-2007, 12:29 AM by Fubar1.)
07-25-2007, 01:08 AM,
RE:��Why are scns added under CS ME
07-25-2007, 05:39 AM,
b_Exclamation Mark  RE: Why are scns added under CS ME
I was "educated" about my mistake in adding a CS:ME scenario into the db.

Now I just register game results under the old CS filenames.