• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

NGP^85 -- Self Propelled SAM ?
07-22-2007, 08:09 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-22-2007, 08:12 PM by shortreengage.)
b_Exclamation Mark  NGP^85 -- Self Propelled SAM ?
Whether is in NGP^85 Self Propelled SAM ?
Only artillery air defence (max. range fire = 2 hex.) has not enough for struggle against helicopters.
Helicopters freely get into rear of the opponent, never often fired.

For example, SA-13 Gopher (range fire = 3 hex, in a reality 5000m) and M48 Chaparral (4800m).

Quote this message in a reply
07-22-2007, 11:16 PM,
RE: NGP^85 -- Self Propelled SAM ?
I shall notice, that these systems of the weapon operate directly in a fighting line, instead of are in rear.
07-23-2007, 12:12 AM,
If u look at my oob i did add division level sams with a max range and minimum range and made it IF for those out of sight shots. SAMs r represented in the game already when u try to bomb a unit with aircraft there is a 20% chance it will be intercepted by Sams, so i believe that was one reason for not having an actual unit on the map. I do agree with u though thats why i added div level b/c helicopters roam around a little to freely that and it will help control those gamey situations of flying some helos behind the lines and sitting on supply depots or capturing a victory hex with 6 scout helos, now helos will have to be used for what they were suppose to be used for and thats supporting the frontline troops, if u stray to far out in front the SAMS will get u.

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way
07-23-2007, 01:35 AM,
SA-13 is in submission of the commander of division of level Regiment.

I can give TOE Soviet Army.
07-23-2007, 03:18 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-23-2007, 03:20 AM by Aaron.)
Ive got many documents and toe and oobs for the Soviets if u go to my thread https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=41484 u can download my oob and give me any comments u might have on it.

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way
07-23-2007, 04:07 AM,
Of course if you make SAMs for one side then you open up SAMs for NATO as well. It is a huge can of worms. There are SAM counters that can be used to interdict air (the bad thing is they are static). If you have Middle East '67 then you can download my Jihad 2004 expansion which, I believe, might have been the first attempt to make SAM units.
07-23-2007, 04:56 AM,
I shall look Jihad 2004.

Really so it is difficult to make analogue of available air defence, only with the greater radius of action (3 hex) and only for struggle against helicopters ?

It would diversify tactics and has added interest.:cool:

And stationary (Hawk, S-125 and other) air defence start up remains as is, that is intercepts planes.
07-23-2007, 05:02 AM,
I have SAMS with a range more than 3, the SA-6 has a range of 12 but a minumum of 3.

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way
07-23-2007, 05:31 AM,
A friend of mine was a marine corps helo driver in the 1980's. He told me SAM was not the big worry since they practiced NOE tactics and ground obstacles like hills and trees would give SAM fits targeting the helos.

The real bad boy in the Soviet arsenal was the Shika radar guided AAA tanks. Mobile, so you never knew where they were precisely and able to do a lot of damage fast with quad guns and radar lock.

In simulations his squadron was getting knocked down at a rate of 5 to one against this weapon system....until out of frustration he found a bug in the sim and flew through the trees to whack the beasty with hellfire rockets.
:smoke:

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
07-23-2007, 07:03 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-23-2007, 07:11 AM by Aaron.)
You r correct i tried to model them for hitting helos, the SA-6 isnt very good at it, its lowest altitude to hit a target was kinda high but the sa-8 had alot lower altitude and more maneuverable and the 2s6 well that thing would have been knocking helos down left and right. I think it adds a whole new element to the game where it was lacking, they r no good at anything except air defense so using them elsewhere wouldnt get u far but youll c more helos getting shot down where i also thought it was lacking, aircraft too. I lowered all def values on aircraft 6-8 points, not enough ever got shoot down, if u were in an f-16 squadron during a war in europe flying lets say 3 missions a day after 5 days how many of the squadron do u thing would be left. I say less than half of the 24 u started with. With the additions of SAMs and the security Bns i believe will eliminate almost all those gamey situations with helos.

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way