• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

The most annoying things happening during one's own turn
07-22-2007, 03:34 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-22-2007, 03:35 AM by Harald Blauzahn.)
The most annoying things happening during one's own turn
Fellow grognards,

while playing a very frustrating turn, I made up my mind and finally a list of the most annoying results of my own action:

-Having surrounded an opponent's unit, having it disrupted and reduced its strength, I assault with a full strength unit. The result is a failiure, leaving my own unit disrupted, maybe even with a strength loss. :mad:

-Shooting half a dozen times on an enemie's unit in an excellent observing position, after a couple of retreats this units is again in the same position or -even worse- in a better one. :hissy:

-After having carfully explored my route of advance, I already led a number of untis the choosen way. While the most valuable unit follows, a hidden enemie unit fires and damages or destroys this unit. Eek

And now my favourite:
-Having choosen an important unit to move, changing the view to 2D-view, making an accidential click with my mouse and thereby moving the unit in the opposite direction.
:whis:

Is there anything you can add?
I am very curious about all the embarrasing results I (probably for some good reason) forgot. Big Grin

Joerg
Quote this message in a reply
07-22-2007, 03:44 AM,
RE: The most annoying things happening during one's own turn
Leading a column of loaded transport trucks into an ambush where I watch helplessly as each unit is overrun 1 at at time.Eek
07-22-2007, 03:52 AM,
Watching on target arty have no effect and off target landing on my own units with lots of effect.
07-22-2007, 05:54 AM,
Hows about moving units in a large game for nearly an hour then a power cut occurs aaaaaaaaaaaaaagh.
07-22-2007, 07:19 AM,
junk2drive Wrote:Watching on target arty have no effect and off target landing on my own units with lots of effect.

Heck, I really know this! :angry:
In such a situation I usually wish to have a stronger drink than a cup of coffee. Damned "friendly fire"! Who the heck created this expression, btw?

@von Luck: A power cut is indeed the worst thing to happen.
Thank god, I was safe from this for now.

Joerg
07-22-2007, 07:26 AM,
Harald your right now i save every few turns which is a pain in the neck but saves having to do nearly an hours work again.
07-22-2007, 07:42 AM,
Annihalating every unit in a stack by direct fire, and then when moving to go through the hex, are blocked by a leader that had not been revealed previously and now cannot be fired upon, rendering the hex impassable.

I call this, 'the heroic leader' result.

Cheers!

Leto
"We do not beg for Freedom, we fight for it!"

http://swalencz.w.interia.pl
07-22-2007, 07:55 AM,
I personally hate watching the artillery replay and seeing all my shots go for no effect... This is a damning irritant, but none so much as the clicking "yes" on the End turn now popup...1/100th of a second too soon, as you remembered you forgot to to plot your artillery for the next turn...

The never ending retreating unit syndrome is worth a mention

and lastly, Opportunity fire that works when your Opponent needs it to, but not when you need it to...
07-22-2007, 01:34 PM,
Having victory in hand (albiet a slim one) on the last turn, thinking I still needed to exit some units, charged empty trucks towards the exit hex, they were destroyed, giving my enemy a victory by less than 20 points!
Send this user an email
07-22-2007, 02:36 PM,
c_Question Mark  RE: The most annoying things happening during one's own turn
:smg:Who was that, then, Dan? lol!

Having sent turns out, to find you get an e-mail next morning,
telling you they got their file back by mistake, cos you were drunk!