• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Q for Valcano Man (Alt-scen N'44 German OOB)
07-18-2007, 06:38 AM,
Q for Valcano Man (Alt-scen N'44 German OOB)
Hi!

First of all thanks for all of your fine work with the PzC Games.

I am currently playing the 750 turn alt scenario (latest version) that is included in your art pack. I intend to finish this monster PBEM but I have just noticed one thing with the German OOB.

Why on earth is the 116th and 1st SS Panzer Divions removed from the arrival list? I thought this game was tough enough as the germans....

Cheers
Dan
Quote this message in a reply
07-18-2007, 12:17 PM,
RE: Q for Valcano Man (Alt-scen N'44 German OOB)
Thanks for the compliment.

In regards to the question about the missing 116th Pz Div and 1st SS Pz Div, I don't exactly know how that happened. It must have been an oversight on my part when I was making the Alt version. I will have to go through and see if anything else is missing as well. *sigh* Thanks for pointing it out. I will do what I can to fix it in the next update. I am willing to bet that there might be some allied units missing as well though.
07-18-2007, 12:29 PM,
I just figured out the problem. The entire month of July is missing from the reinforcements(!) for some reason. Very strange. I will fix this.
07-19-2007, 04:20 AM,
Many thanks!
07-19-2007, 10:00 AM,
Doh... will this affect games in progress?

Larry
07-19-2007, 10:21 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-19-2007, 10:22 AM by Mike Abberton.)
07-20-2007, 03:59 AM,
I think you put your finger on the reason why no one noticed. By the end of July (turn 250), there are no more germans troops left on the map!!! (well, this has been my experience in the stock scenario).

Larry
07-20-2007, 07:01 PM,
Right, or by the end of turn 150 one of the two players has dissappeared or was no longer able to continue the game due to old age. ;)
07-21-2007, 07:26 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-21-2007, 07:28 PM by JonS1.)
Actually, you _should_ be able to edit the PBEM file you are sending back and forth to add all the '2' lines for July that were missing in the game you started, but have since been added.

If you can't figure out how to do this, PM me and we can arrange for you to send me your most recent PBEM file and the latest version of the scen you want to use.

Jon
07-22-2007, 04:43 AM,
You can, but this is only if they are not using PBEM encryption. If they are using encryption then it become very... problematic.