Moscow 41
Punic wars

To trade.

Thanks

Jay
Quote this message in a reply
11-02-2007, 11:55 PM,
RE: Want to trade
Instead of starting a new thread with the same or similar name ... its piggyback time.

I would like to trade my Uncommon Valor for one of the following:
Korsun 44
Minsk 44
First Blitzkrieg
or
Shiloh

i've traded a couple of times here and had no problems. My copy of UV is a boxed issue (not a download version). If there's any problems with this request please let me know.

Reply back here if you're interested and we can swap emails to get the ball rolling. I'll be checking back today and periodically over the next week or two.

Thanks
Hank
11-03-2007, 03:30 AM,
Not to be a pencil neck lawyer, but as a pencil neck lawyer, I might advise you to skip the idea of posting blatent conspiracies to engage in open copyright violations from a public forum - bad taste. And if you are in the U.S., it can lead to trouble for you should HPS choose to pursue it.

Not only that, but copying software for each other deprives the good folks at HPS the fruits of their very difficult labor, which we all enjoy and would hate to see dry up, now wouldn't we? Do the right thing - fork out the bucks like everyone else and keep HPS in business.
Shawn
11-03-2007, 03:35 AM,
I think these guys are talking about actually trading their CDs for another CD not simply copying games for each other.
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
11-03-2007, 03:40 AM,
Let's hope so. But trading originals after burning a copy for yourself is the same thing.
Shawn
11-03-2007, 04:46 AM,
For those who can't get enough (Note the very last sentence for those interested in "trading" originals):

The Law in the United States :
Software is automatically protected by federal copyright law from the moment of its creation. The rights granted to the owner of a copyright (ScholarWare) are clearly stated in the Copyright Act, Title 17 of the US Code. The Act gives the owner of the copyright "the exclusive rights" to "reproduce the copyrighted work" and "to distribute copies ... of the copyrighted work" (Section 106). It also states that "anyone who violates any of the exclusive rights of the copyright owner ... is an infringer of the copyright" (Section 501), and sets forth several penalties for such conduct. Those who purchase a license for a copy of software do not have the right to make additional copies without the permission of the copyright owner, except (i) copy the software onto a single computer and (ii) make "another copy for archival purposes only," which are specifically provided in the Copyright Act (Section 117). The license accompanying TopScore Pro® does not allow additional copies to be made outside of Title 17; be sure to review our End User License Agreement carefully.

Software creates unique problems for copyright owners because it is easy to duplicate, and the copy is usually as good as the original. This fact, however, does not make it legal to violate the rights of the copyright owner. The unauthorized duplication of software constitutes copyright infringement regardless of whether it is done for sale, for free distribution, or for the copier's own use. Moreover, copiers are liable for the resulting copyright infringement whether or not they knew their conduct was in breach of the law. Penalties include liability for damages suffered by the copyright owner plus any profits of the infringer that are attributable to the copying.

It has always been illegal to rent unauthorized copies of software. Concern over the fact that the rental of authorized or "original" software frequently resulted in the creation of pirated software led Congress to enact the Software Rental Amendments Act of 1990 (Public Law 101-650). This law prohibits the rental, leasing, or lending of original copies of any software without the express permission of the copyright owner.
11-03-2007, 04:54 AM,
BTW: My last post was material from:
http://www.scholarware.com/piracy.htm

I didn't want to use the statutory language they cite as it will put anyone still interested in this thread to sleep.
Shawn
11-03-2007, 05:27 AM,
I think they only want to swap have you never swaped anything that was copy controlled ?
In any event swapping games is no harm to HPS as both iotems have already been sold and maybe that swapper may get into a whole new series ??

Michael
11-03-2007, 05:33 AM,
BTW I would of coarse be firmly against copying !
11-03-2007, 05:35 AM,
Most software End Use License Agreements have specific provisions in them about transferring software (yes, I have actually read them before). As long as all active copies are uninstalled and the prior owner does not retain a copy, swapping is perfectly legal.

No reason to accuse these guys of nefarious actions without cause.

What happened to innocent until proven guilty? :conf: