• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Utterly Brilliant freeware Strategy game: Peoples Tactics.
06-30-2007, 02:50 AM,
Utterly Brilliant freeware Strategy game: Peoples Tactics.
Downloaded this utter gem the other day. It is a brilliant operational level war game that is very simple yet very deep. Easy to learn hard to master etc. It also has full PBEM capacity and scenarios can have upto 10 players.

It really is an excellent game, much much better than many commercial games. You really owe to your self to check it out.

DOWNLOAD THIS

Blurb from site:

Hotseat or PBEM for up to 10 players (human or AI); Diverse gameplay featuring campaigns, individual scenarios and a random mission generator; Command ground, sea and air forces, each utilizing highly customizable orders of battle; Intricate logistics and supply system; Chain of Command system using officers with unique abilities and fame levels; Empire-building features such as research and diplomacy; Both Fog of War and Shroud of Discovery; Air units can airdrop, airtransfer, interdict, intercept and conduct strategic bombing; Naval units can transport land forces; naval landings are possible; Scenario editor; Beautiful original graphics...
Quote this message in a reply
06-30-2007, 10:38 AM,
RE: Utterly Brilliant freeware Strategy game: Peoples Tactics.
"Never put off till tomorrow what you can avoid doing entirely."
06-30-2007, 12:52 PM,
I saw an article the other day where a commercial version was signed by Matrix Games. The screenshots looked good.
07-01-2007, 07:03 AM,
It is good interesting game worth to play - there is only one problem CM is better :)
Send this user an email
07-01-2007, 09:48 AM,
Okay, I'm having some luck experimenting with this game's tutorial, but I really need to see the tutorial in the game manual and go step-by-step like the opening screen suggests.

Where in the manual is the tutorial they are talking about??????

:hissy:
07-01-2007, 10:24 AM,
[Image: tut.jpg]

[Image: tut1.jpg]
07-01-2007, 07:23 PM,
Mad Baron Wrote:Okay, I'm having some luck experimenting with this game's tutorial, but I really need to see the tutorial in the game manual and go step-by-step like the opening screen suggests.

Where in the manual is the tutorial they are talking about??????

:hissy:

I didnt bother with the tutorial and jumped straight into the grand campaign, took me a few goes to beat the 1st scenario, took many goes to beat the second. The key thing to master is how to create new units and organise the supply via the THQs and the SHQs.

What is great about this game is how well it models break through and envelopment

Anyway hurry up and learn so we can play a PBEM. POS you in for a bit of 3 way action? I heard virtual sailors like that kind of thing.
07-01-2007, 11:54 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-01-2007, 11:59 PM by PoorOldSpike.)
Sadly Peoples Tactics only displays in 1024 resolution and I go crosseyed and get a headache trying to see the small graphics and fonts, so i can't play it (sniffle)..
Same with all other games and sims that are 1024 only, like Civilisation 4, I can't play them either..
My monitors 17", maybe I need a 26"..

Virtual Sailor displays fine by the way, here's me navigating a tiny boat during a violent storm, i'm kewl..

[Image: VS.jpg]
07-02-2007, 12:14 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-02-2007, 12:24 AM by Fullhouse.)
Huh?

If you got a bigger monitor it would look even smaller. I play it on a 19'.
If you lower the res of your monitor it should look bigger. What res do you have your monitor at anyway. 1024 is fairly low res by todays standards.

Edit: Yea I lowered my res down to 1024 and PTs is totaly legible at that res on my 19 inch, on my 21 inch it is much smaller. (Dual monitors ftw). If you change your res on your monitor to 1024 or less and stil cant make it out, I advise a trip to the optician.
07-02-2007, 08:28 AM,