• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Mix tells his side of the story (No Raz's allowed)
06-27-2007, 10:31 AM,
Mix tells his side of the story (No Raz's allowed)
Quote this message in a reply
06-27-2007, 11:16 AM,
RE: Mix tells his side of the story (No Raz's allowed)
Congratulations to the noble red army forces for finding a computer literate commander! Good read and very clear. Looking forward to reading more :)
06-27-2007, 01:04 PM,
Having just finished this scenario with RD, it will be interesting to see how you fight as the Russians, compared to how it played out for me.
06-28-2007, 02:49 AM,
This is a fascinating scenario, and one that tests the mettle of the russians severely, as there are some key terrain features of this map that if used properly, can lay the German player low.

No offense to spike, but the "fist" tank attack will not work here when playing against a seasoned Russian player. This is where the thinking man's games comes into its own over the more brutally minded tank commanders that oft lack subtlety and finesse.

Cheers!

Leto
06-28-2007, 06:41 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-28-2007, 06:57 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
RE:��Mix tells his side of the story (No Raz's allowed)
07-01-2007, 11:17 PM,
07-02-2007, 02:58 AM,
I, like you chose the 3 flags in your screen shot to be my primary targets, and split my forces equally between the far right flag and the church flag. My opponent opened up on me at about turn four, probably because I likewise dropped arty near the church on the opening round to cover my approach as much as possible.
07-06-2007, 09:08 AM,
Well the advance worked....for Raz, that is :)

As soon as the movie began, Raz's AT gun (located in the cemetary and not the hill to the right) opened up. By turns end, I had lost 3 T-34s and a jeep. The only good news is I think I KO'ed his Pz III to the left of the church and the gun can't last long with everything I have shooting at it.

I'm quite disgusted at this point, but need to push forward with this thing...who knows, the winds of war might change!
07-28-2007, 12:08 PM,
We're up to turn eight now. I've KO'ed Raz's armor and AT assets that were based around the church and cemetary, but have lost an additional T-34 that was KO'ed by a platoon of PZ IVs coming down the road from Kotlas. I'm hoping to keep my armor hulldown in the large depression on my side of the battlefield while his tanks trundle into view.