• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Matrix Version vs WF Gold
06-25-2007, 10:47 PM,
Matrix Version vs WF Gold
has anyone else had issues with a player using the new matrix version west front and the other guy is playing with WF Gold?

Playing a custom scenario - I am on the new matrix version and my buddy is on the WF Gold....he gets a black screen with the one hex in the left corner when he tries to load my turn (the .bte file) - any thoughts on this?

Quote this message in a reply
06-25-2007, 10:49 PM,
RE: Matrix Version vs WF Gold
Tiger 88 Wrote:has anyone else had issues with a player using the new matrix version west front and the other guy is playing with WF Gold?

Playing a custom scenario - I am on the new matrix version and my buddy is on the WF Gold....he gets a black screen with the one hex in the left corner when he tries to load my turn (the .bte file) - any thoughts on this?

Let him create the bte file first, even if it is your turn first.

Jason Petho
Send this user an email
06-26-2007, 12:56 AM,
I understand now - thanks for the reply Jason!

PS - really love playing the new version now - and my hat is off to you and the rest of the team for pushing this along to us!

By the way - any update as to when the engineer's entering mine-fields and loosing an SP issue will be fixed or handed out to us?
06-26-2007, 01:19 AM,
RE:��Matrix Version vs WF Gold
Send this user an email
06-26-2007, 11:40 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-26-2007, 11:43 AM by Big Dawg.)
Steve & Jason,

Can I play someone if they have the Talonsoft EFII version 1.03 and I have the Matrix version if they create the bte file?

Say I moved the horses using the Matrix version. How would that play out since you can not do that w/ Talonsoft version?

06-26-2007, 11:43 AM,
Big Dawg Wrote:Steve & Jason,

Can I play someone if they have the Talonsoft EFII version 1.03 and I have the Matrix version if they create the bte file?

Theoretically, but the user of the EFII v1.03 must start the game first in order for it to work.

That is my understanding anyway.

Jason Petho
Send this user an email
06-26-2007, 11:45 AM,
Say I moved the horses using the Matrix version. How would that play out since you can not do that w/ Talonsoft EF version?

Quick reply Mr. Pethro!:kill:
06-26-2007, 11:47 AM,
Big Dawg Wrote:Say I moved the horses using the Matrix version. How would that play out since you can not do that w/ Talonsoft EF version?

Quick reply Mr. Pethro!:kill:

Good question, probably a fatal error.

Could always try and let me know!

Or just don't move horses?

Jason Petho
Send this user an email
06-27-2007, 08:35 AM,
Jason - my partner fired up a new WF custome scenario (the old december fury tourneament games) with him starting the game - but with me as the 1st side....I was able to open the file and make my moves, then send it over to him -but upon opening my turn - he gets the black screen with the one hex in the upper left.....

Any further thoughts on what we might be doing wrong or how we should proceed?
06-27-2007, 09:08 AM,
Tiger 88 Wrote:Jason - my partner fired up a new WF custome scenario (the old december fury tourneament games) with him starting the game - but with me as the 1st side....I was able to open the file and make my moves, then send it over to him -but upon opening my turn - he gets the black screen with the one hex in the upper left.....

Any further thoughts on what we might be doing wrong or how we should proceed?

WF Gold.. is that the World at War edition of West Front?

Jason Petho
Send this user an email