• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

My experience using Blitz scenarios & new matrix version
06-25-2007, 11:58 AM,
My experience using Blitz scenarios & new matrix version
I was pleasantly surprised when I downloaded a West Front & East Front II scenario directly from The Blitz scenario depot to the respective Matrix folders and the darn things actually worked!! I was even able to move the horses after the riders had dismounted.

I have always struggled converting ver 1.02 for play w/ ver 1.03 & wanted to see if the Matrix game would make matters easier.

I found a converted EFII scenario in my Talonsoft directory (Another Lost Victory), copied it & pasted it in the Matrix folder. I received the infamous error message when I tried to play it w/ Matrix.

I went to the Blitz scenario depot & downloaded it directly into the Matrix EF folder & it worked!!!!

Wooo Hooo!!!

Is it possible to play every scenario including those from PROJECT BLITZKREIG with Matrix?

Quote this message in a reply
06-25-2007, 01:22 PM,
RE: My experience using Blitz scenarios & new matrix version
i also have downloaded and played a scenario ef2 online and it worked flawlessly!!
06-25-2007, 10:11 PM,
Now Big Dawg Check this out, when I was playing EF I also noticed that the horses rode without riders but did you know........That riderless horses can fire against unsuspecting enemy too! Man what will they think of next!:smg:
06-26-2007, 01:11 AM,
In fact they are not fully "unmanned". In reality 2/3rd of the unit fought on foot, while 1/3rd stayed with the horses, to move them or to guard... cool to see that feature working Big Grin
"We do not beg for Freedom, we fight for it!"

http://swalencz.w.interia.pl
06-26-2007, 02:12 PM,
EF Motorcycles and Horses can fire whilst unmounted in the Matrix version, the Motorcycles cannot move, however.

This does make sense as there is no way a few handlers could possibly hope to move all of the motorcycles or bicycles.

I expect that this is the only way to let cavalry or motorcycles fire on the move whilst loaded, similar to a HT or carrier that has inherent firepower and can fire whilst loaded.

I was pleased to see the defense of the motorcycle units increased to 3 as well.

I am unsure if these changes have been propagated to WF as yet.

Great rule change this I reckon

Matt
06-27-2007, 10:22 PM,
RE: Horses and Motorcycles
The horses had personal assigned to move them; the movement would have been slower then normal. The German Army Motorcyle units had drivers assigned to each motorcyle in their organizations (See KStN 1111 Datum 1.2.41) so they should be able to move normally. The fire power of these unmounted units would have been greatly reduced!!! I hope that Matrix will also make the Motorcyles able to move without a unit loaded on it.