• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New WF scenario
06-18-2007, 02:43 AM,
New WF scenario
After so much fun playing an online night scenario last night, I couldn't help myself and constructed a small, short WF night scenario of 10 turns of brutal infantry combat.
You can find it in the depot or download it from this thread.

Night Attack on Woensdrecht

[Version 1.0, Best played H2H online NIGHT matrix] This scenario depicts the night attack of the Royal Hamilton Light Infantry of Canada against Woensdrecht. After earlier attempts of the Calagary Highlanders and the Black Watch to secure acces over land towards Walcheren had failed, the 'Rileys' were given the task to do what the others couldn't: capture "Woensdrecht Hill" that dominated all land approaches to Walcheren and hold it. This time the attack would be by night and supported by the massive artillery of over a hundred guns. Initially the RHLI managed to take Woensdrecht, but they were driven back again in the course of the day by a vicious counterattack of Von der Heydtes 6th Paratroop Regiment. At the end of the day, the Rileys succeeded in retaking Woensdrecht. The road and the railway embankment leading to Walcheren however could not be secured and therefore the battle remained undecided until the 23rd of October when the Gemans withdrew north.

Have fun

Quote this message in a reply
07-02-2007, 02:41 AM,
RE: New WF scenario
Huib, I've just seen this. You made a decent scenario in less than 24 hours?

My hat is off!
Chris
07-02-2007, 05:29 AM,
RE:��New WF scenario
Hobbes Wrote:Huib, I've just seen this. You made a decent scenario in less than 24 hours?

My hat is off!
Chris

I already had the map, the oob and the idea. :) With night combat rules now available it was simple.
07-02-2007, 07:31 AM,
Huib is a madman with the scens, always looking for fresh ideas.
07-02-2007, 07:36 AM,
The most I can do is one scenario a year. Huib is great, one of the reasons I still play the game after 9 years and hopefully for the next 20+.

07-02-2007, 11:58 AM,
Night scenarios are fun, it changes the game completely adding another dimension to gameplay.

The upcoming matrix patch will also contain fixes for all of the night graphics, so they will look and play even better.

Hobbes is right Huib, you have a rare talent

Matt