• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

CMSF reporting
06-09-2007, 04:10 PM,
CMSF reporting
Is CMSF just going to go into the CM ladder?

If so, is there a way to sort the ladder just for CMSF games?
Quote this message in a reply
06-09-2007, 04:41 PM,
RE: CMSF reporting
1. It is going to be on the CM ladder.

2. Assume no, but not known by me.
06-09-2007, 08:14 PM,
Surely it should have a separate ladder as it's a totally different kettle of fish to the WW2 games. Anyone who plays as the Syrian side is going to get molested by the superior US equipment, assuming of course that the gameplay balance is realistic.

cheers
06-09-2007, 10:15 PM,
I wasn't planning on having the ladder separate from the other CMs But if you guys want it separate, I'll talk with Raz.
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
06-09-2007, 10:30 PM,
I think it would be better seperate too to be honest. It will be bringing in new members hopefully and in regards a ladder it would more visible if it was seperate than amalgamated. I would envisage the WW2 version to drop into the CM one though.
06-10-2007, 01:48 AM,
RE:��CMSF reporting
Bootie Wrote:I would envisage the WW2 version to drop into the CM one though.

what do you mean by this?

06-10-2007, 03:33 AM,
Well CM:SF is set in Syria. Their follow on project is going to be a WW2 setting.

I think this would go into the current Combat Mission Ladder as it seems a natural progression. BO, BB, AK and then CMx2.
06-10-2007, 03:55 AM,
Fubar Wrote:Surely it should have a separate ladder as it's a totally different kettle of fish to the WW2 games. Anyone who plays as the Syrian side is going to get molested by the superior US equipment, assuming of course that the gameplay balance is realistic.

cheers

So you don't think that Battlefront will be able to set mission parameters that the Syrians could attain?

Don't forget, victory in any engagement is not necessarily winning the war. If anything, the enhanced objective system in CM:SF is supposed to make this much more realistic. I would expect/hope that, under the game system, there should be about as many Syrian wins as American, just for having met their goals.

Having said that, I agree that this is a different kettle of fish than the WW2 games.
06-10-2007, 07:03 AM,
In all fairness, the HPS and SqB ladders sanction WW2 and modern warfare together. There is no separation for the era, as the game system is the same.
This is no different of a situation and to then subject the next module to go into the 1st Cm ladder and not into the newly created one is kind of defeating the purpose of going thru all the steps to create one in the 1st place is it not?

What is CM2 going to make that much more different than the jump from CMBO to CMAK?

I'll run it past the staff, but realistically there is no need for a whole new ladder for the same game system and scoring (if it's the same) If there's a major difference in scoring and time investments then perhaps it's a reasonable suggestion to work with.

Another thing, how many are looking at buying this game? I can't see making a separate ladder and scoring system for a dozen people, and would push simply to incorporate it into an existing system.

Think supply and demand :)
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
06-10-2007, 07:52 AM,
Well the only reason I was asking because I would like to keep stats separate for all the CMx2 games - as I do think that it will be a significantly different game - much more than the jump from CMBO to CMAK.