• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

To Top of Stack?
06-06-2007, 03:50 PM,
To Top of Stack?
In Pzc, I believe I read previously that the location of a unit in a stack has no bearing on the game. However, which unit in a stack will be sighted through the spotting rules? For example, if I do an air reconn on a hex will the top unit be displayed? Or, is there an equal probability that any unit in the hex will be spotted? Many times, a partially spotted unit (question mark) will be displayed. If there are two unit colours, e.g., brown for Russian and Red for Russian guards, which colour question mark will be displayed? If the top unit is spotted first, then it provides a means of hiding units.
Quote this message in a reply
06-07-2007, 02:14 AM,
RE: To Top of Stack?
I think you want to move units like HQ's to the top of the stack so that YOU can spot them. von ege
06-07-2007, 02:52 AM,
It is good to shuffle your units occasionally when playing against a human because they tend to target the first unit in the stack of a given type that is not disrupted.
Send this user an email
06-07-2007, 09:10 AM,
Ed, any artwork for SAW in the future?
Send this user an email
06-07-2007, 05:30 PM,
One day I would like to make some artpacks for the SB series, but it looks like it won't be any time soon.
Send this user an email
06-09-2007, 02:35 AM,
I agree with the Prinz ... AND, I would love to see a button or hot key that would pull all HQ's to the top of the stack.

The HQ's importance is critical to so many things but they tend to get stuck down in a stack and you have to weed through each stack to find them sometimes ... cause I forget in my old age, where I put all them.
06-09-2007, 03:11 AM,
RE:��To Top of Stack?
06-10-2007, 03:01 PM,
I'd like to get back to my original question. I did a simple experiment. I found a game where a hex had two units of different colours, brown and beige. I peformed an air recon mission on the hex. In the first test I had the brown unit on top. The air recon revealed a brown question mark unit. The second test I put the beige unit on top. The air recon revealed a beige question mark. This suggests to me that, indeed, placing a unit on top does affect the results of spotting and is a tactic in concealment. (Or is this considered gamey?)
06-11-2007, 02:19 PM,
It's tough to use air recon tactically if you play the optional rules that don't allow fire nor air strikes by the map: if you spot a unit via air, you can neither fire upon it nor bomb it (unless they are carpet bombers that target areas, which is one advantage the French have in F40). However, the air recon can be used to give you a general idea where or where not to move, especially in transport mode. So my feeling is, it really doesn't matter how you stack the units, nor which ones are spotted via air. Like I said, I think it's best used to place HQ's on top as well as other units you don't want to forget about. von ege :P
06-11-2007, 02:27 PM,
There is one more thing: Advance scouts can sometimes be moved to high ground positions forward, and in hexes now newly visable to the scouts, air recon may reveal enemy units that would have remained hidden until the next turn. Now, if you have air resources, as well as artillery in range, the air recon has revealed units that my be bombed and fired upon, even though the optional rules that prohibit it are "on" because the units revealed by air recon are also visable to a ground unit. I think moves like this are advanced wargaming and sometimes I'm smart enough to do it, but mosttimes not. von ege ;)