• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Anybody still play "Third Reich"??
06-03-2007, 05:40 AM,
Off Topic  Anybody still play "Third Reich"??
Guys,
I was looking at this site.......... http://www.vassalengine.org/community/index.php

and i noticed "Third Reich" was listed, i loved this as a board game, does anybody play or have played this as a PC game?????

Quote this message in a reply
06-03-2007, 06:04 AM,
RE: Anybody still play "Third Reich"??
Darran is that the old AH game ?
War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want.William Tecumseh Sherman
06-03-2007, 07:07 AM,
never played it as a pc game but I do have an unpunched 2nd edition table top version sitting on my shelf :)
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
06-03-2007, 07:14 AM,
RE:��Anybody still play "Third Reich"??
Send this user an email
06-03-2007, 09:09 AM,
I own three copies of Advanced Third Reich which are still in the wrapper (why do I have so many? --I don't know) and I have played "A World at War" which is the remake of Advanced Third Reich and Rising Sun in the same box. It is published by www.gmtgames.com and is made by Bruce Harper, the original creator of all three games. Very nice!!

Send this user an email
06-03-2007, 07:21 PM,
Yes, i believe it was a AH game,i also have happy memories of playing it, have any of you had a look at this "vassel" site? could it be possible to play TR on PC? the site seems to suggest you can download it and play PBEM....
06-04-2007, 12:34 AM,
A wonderful game I last played my copy of it in 2001 or so (unfinished game). The quality of AH rule designing was outstanding imo, but those games have tough competitors nowadays like panzer campaigns for example...
06-04-2007, 03:37 AM,
06-04-2007, 04:19 AM,
RE:��Anybody still play "Third Reich"??
06-04-2007, 07:33 AM,
Yep loved Third Reich. But it has been surpassed by Clash of Arms 'Brute Force', War without Mercy' and The Med', all three are linked into a great WWII in Europe Scenario. My buddies and I play all the old and new boardgames every wednesday night. We have a big old table and can set up the Barbarossa games by GMT, Europa, Empires in Arms, ASL you name it. Sure PC gaming is great now (was crap in the early days) but you definately don't get the social benefits and scheer fun you get with face to face play across the table top. I enjoy both boardgaming and PC gaming. They have brought me many hours of enjoyment.