• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Off topic The Beatles Pepper Album.
06-02-2007, 07:29 AM,
Off topic The Beatles Pepper Album.
40 Years today when the whole face of music changed when this revolutionary album was released.Like them or loath them but they changed the whole music industry with this one.My heroes by the way.Dont get me wrong feel free to critisise if you want we all like different music.My serious listening period was from the mid 60's to early 70's.Cream/Deep Purple/The Who Black Sabbath Led Zeppilan Alice Cooper the Hollies Stones Fleetwood Mac and the break up of the Beatles Lennon McCartney Harrison and Ringo,ie as induviduals.Hell i even like Petula Clark nice singer-no smart remarks.So what you like but that was the best in music in those years.Nowadays you get the one or two you like the rest are crap.Oh and dont think its all heavy rock etc i like i have quite a few others i do like from that period.
Quote this message in a reply
06-02-2007, 07:40 AM,
RE: Off topic��The Beatles Pepper Album.
As Martin said in an interveiw once their creativness blossomed with that album. I've been a beatles fan forever myself.

Tide1
War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want.William Tecumseh Sherman
06-02-2007, 09:11 AM,
RE: Off topic The Beatles Pepper Album.
A good time to have grown up in.
Send this user an email
06-02-2007, 11:49 PM,
OK I was only 4 when this album came out, but my parents tell me I was singing Beatles songs before that
06-03-2007, 12:42 AM,
Yellow submarine was sung by me in the crib. First song I knew.
Send this user an email
06-03-2007, 12:44 AM,
Not only love and loved the Beatles, still have the original album among others.

Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

06-03-2007, 02:05 AM,
I have a unique picture disc of the album must be rare havent seen another like it.
06-03-2007, 02:12 AM,
My brother has original 45's. He has probably screwed them up by now and my sister still has her Beatle and Monkee cards.
Send this user an email
06-03-2007, 08:13 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-03-2007, 08:15 AM by Hobbes.)
I remember being in an English holiday camp suffering with mumps shortly followed by measles listening to Yellow Submarine. It went around and around in my head in my delerium. Obviously I hate that damn song. I love the rest of the album though.

Anyone here been to Butlins in the 60's? That was bad enough without illness.

Chris
P.S. reading my post makes me feel so old!
06-03-2007, 12:01 PM,
My stepmom had to sell her ticket for the beatles concert at the Hollywood Bowl, and my mom was literally in a stuck elevator with Elvis back in the late 50's in Detroit. Does that count!!! lol lol:smoke: