• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Infantry Defense Factor (Glenn)
05-31-2007, 04:54 AM,
Infantry Defense Factor (Glenn)
Ive always noticed that INF unit defend at 16 even when they have a def value of 12, is that b/c the infantry defense value wont let INF units defend not less than 16 where it is set. For example if i change the inf def value to 10 does that mean any inf def value lower than 10 would automaticlly get a 10 and those ones that where 12 will defend at 12 now? Is there any adverse effects to changing that value besides lower def ratings that r on the unit or is it a modifier? And what was the reasoning for the 16 to begin with?

Thanks Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way
Quote this message in a reply
05-31-2007, 05:18 AM,
RE: Infantry Defense Factor (Glenn)
Hi Aaron,

I know you wrote to Glenn but let me try to help. The PDT value of 16, which I believe you are referring to, is only applied to non-foot infantry when deployed. So if you give a foot infantry unit a defense value of 10, it should be using the 10 for calculation of fire against it, not 16. But a motorized infantry unit will get the 16 when deployed.

The reason for the 16 for motorized/mech infantry is that when deployed they should have a defense value basically without their vehicles which are presumably left under covered positions, unless they carry machine guns/heavy weapons and are being used to lay down fire on the enemy for which the system really doesn't account for that. As the early games all had foot infantry at 16, I believe, the PDT value for these non-foot infantry was set to 16.

If I missed anything, I am sure Glenn will be along and take care of it. I hope that helped.

Regards
Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
05-31-2007, 05:55 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-31-2007, 06:24 AM by Aaron.)
Thanks Ricky B that makes all the sense in the world. Next Q is, if the unit has a defense value of 18 and it deploys does it use the default 16 or the value of 18 on the unit?

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way
05-31-2007, 10:23 AM,
In this case the defense of 18 would be when the unit is in T mode, and 16 would be used when it is deployed. That is, if the unit is anything other than type "foot".
Send this user an email
05-31-2007, 10:45 AM,
Thats what i thought thanks Volcano Man

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way