• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Please I beg of you! Move that one button
05-31-2007, 04:47 AM,
Please I beg of you! Move that one button
List,

Again it happened. When going to click on the button to get a unit into travel mode the mouse pointer was inadverently over the button next to it: the dreaded "end turn" button. :hissy:

Given the number of times one must click the travel mode button and the importance of NOT ending the turn early, could you people who have the designer's ear ask him to move that button to a different, less catastrophic location?

Thank you,

Hiroo

Quote this message in a reply
05-31-2007, 05:00 AM,
RE: Please I beg of you! Move that one button
Hiroo,
You can already stop this occuring by going to "settings" and tick the "Ask before advancing" entry, i can't see HPS changing anything if the ability to stop this already exists? ;)

05-31-2007, 05:05 AM,
opps, thats why we should read the directions before we play, but do we ever

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way
05-31-2007, 05:18 AM,
Thanks Foul for the information.

I will do so in the future, but still think it should be moved God forbid I forget to click on the settings.

Hiroo
05-31-2007, 07:05 AM,
Foul. Wrote:Hiroo,
You can already stop this occuring by going to "settings" and tick the "Ask before advancing" entry, i can't see HPS changing anything if the ability to stop this already exists? ;)

Altering that setting is the very first thing I do when I get a new game :)
05-31-2007, 07:25 AM,
I hit the T key for travel mode: safe and quick !
05-31-2007, 08:08 AM,
Yeah, I can't imagine playing a game like OpC without the use of hot keys. It must take you a long ass time to play larger scenarios.
05-31-2007, 08:31 AM,
RE:��Please I beg of you! Move that one button
HirooOnoda Wrote:I will do so in the future, but still think it should be moved God forbid I forget to click on the settings.

The setting the guys are talking about is designed correct this situation and once something is in the interface, it stays. Moving a button not only affects the documentation and every CD with Started Scns and STARTED.HLP files sitting in cellophone at the HPS Office waiting to be shipped to people who order games.

And if we did this there would probably be more people complaiing "Why did you move that button that has been there for X years now", so this is one of those no win situations I am afraid.

Glenn
Send this user an email
05-31-2007, 09:26 AM,
Would it, perhaps, be easier to ship with "ask before advancing turn" as a default setting?
05-31-2007, 09:31 AM,
FLG Wrote:
Foul. Wrote:Hiroo,

Altering that setting is the very first thing I do when I get a new game :)

As well, but it took hard experience for me to get there. Cry