• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Question on Command Range shading
05-23-2007, 12:53 AM,
Question on Command Range shading
I use the shade option quite often espesially to see how far a unit can move ect. I also use shade to see how far an artillery piece can fire by ticking the maximum range selection.
The question I have is that the command range and maximum range always shade the same number of hexes when an HQ is selected. As I understand things then the Maximum range is for use with guns but if it also works for HQ's then I can see no purpose for the command range to be ticked the maximum range selection serves for both guns and HQ's. Could be I'm missing something that I do not understand about the shading on Command range and sorry if this question is hard to read hope you understand what I'm getting at.
Quote this message in a reply
05-23-2007, 02:08 AM,
RE: Question on Command Range shading
Send this user an email
05-23-2007, 03:45 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-23-2007, 03:46 AM by Ricky B.)
[Image: exercise.png]
05-23-2007, 10:52 AM,
I have also noticed this issue. It is only a problem when you have an HQ unit that really has less than the maximum range due to disruption or battle fatigue. Then you have to make sure to use the command radius command to see if your units are in command.

In many of the games upgraded since the release of Minsk 44, you can see units out of command easily because the unit name under the picture is yellow instead of white.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
05-24-2007, 01:45 AM,
Rick nailed it on the head I was just wondering if I had missed some other purpose that it served.