• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Luckiest thing that ever happened to you in CM
05-20-2007, 12:31 PM,
Luckiest thing that ever happened to you in CM
I haven't been playing the game that long, but I have had my share of good and bad luck in games. I wanted to tell you about a turn I had verses a blitz opponent that had me stare at the computer screen as say, "that was lucky!"

My regular German 50mm mortar sees a loaded truck moving in the open on a still day about 480m in the distance. I have no idea what motivated me, (normally, I would never really want to give away my position or waste the ammo) but I decided to have a pot shot at him. I can't remember if it was the first shot or the second, but one of those puny 50mm rounds landed directly on the flat bed killing two Maxim MGs and knocking out the truck. I am not sure my opponent knew it was a 50 mm round, but if he did he probably was cursing "spawny git" or since he was American, "lucky (xxxxxxx) <--insert word here meaning a child born out of wedlock;)

What was the luckiest thing that happened to you in a CM game?
Quote this message in a reply
05-20-2007, 02:35 PM,
RE: Luckiest thing that ever happened to you in CM
Similar event. Playing the Germans vs the Americans, one of my 50mm mortars dropped a round directly into the open-top turret of an M-8 armored car. Proabably 350 meters away, and on the first shot. M-8 was not moving, but I was still pretty impressed.

Most unlucky thing ever: buying a computer with Windows Vista. My friends, don't do it. Buy a Mac, have your old machine repaired with XP, get new memory and video card for your old Commodore-64, but whatever you do don't buy this stinker. If I could afford to sue Bill Gates, I would.
"A bad plan is still better than no plan at all." -- Mikhail Tal

[Image: pzV.jpg]
05-20-2007, 03:53 PM,
i once did a desperation charge past a tiger with a stuart and got a lucky knockout shot... my stuart recieved a deadly burst into flames shot in the process but I still thought i was hot sh*t until I found out that was a common glitch in CMBO... still I was ecstatic for a day or two...
05-20-2007, 08:48 PM,
Playing Baron Von Beergut with him as the Germans vs my Brits. One of my Piat guys got a kill on a Tiger at 120 meters. I thought to be rather rare.
05-20-2007, 10:37 PM,
Another miracle that I recall:

Playing CMBO as the Americans, night battle, my opponent had a JagdPanther and a King Tiger among other units, and the same bazooka team knocked out both of them with a front shot "penetration at weak point".
"A bad plan is still better than no plan at all." -- Mikhail Tal

[Image: pzV.jpg]
05-21-2007, 02:42 AM,
05-21-2007, 02:59 AM,
So far, the best luck for me is I've taken out 2 King Tigers of Raz's Using 2 25mm AA guns, 3 ATRS and a 45mm ATG... all firing simultaneously :)

The previous best was taking 2 Tiger Tanks & 2 StuGIII's out with SMG squads in a July 43 QB where I bought no armor.
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
05-21-2007, 11:41 PM,
Luckiest shot was a .50cal snap shot by an M10 that took out a marauding Hetzer, window of observation wouldn't have been long enough for the turret to turn. Great shooting/dice roll.
05-22-2007, 12:54 AM,
recently my BA survived panzeshreck turret penetration - no effect :)
Send this user an email
05-22-2007, 02:55 AM,
I've just finished a game with Bootie where the random terrain turned out to be pretty much completely in my favour. I think that was pretty lucky.