• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Minsk '44 Alt art / scenario pack updated (again)
05-18-2007, 05:41 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-18-2007, 05:43 AM by Volcano Man.)
Minsk '44 Alt art / scenario pack updated (again)
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
05-18-2007, 05:56 AM,
RE: Minsk '44 Alt art / scenario pack updated (again)
There goes the conspiracy theory ;) Thanks Ed cheers
War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want.William Tecumseh Sherman
05-22-2007, 06:15 PM,
I'm new to the Panzer Campaigns series.

I see that the alt package contains a new OOB.
Is this a problem for PBEM ?
More generally, is this alt package recommended for noobs or should I stick to the stock M44 ?
05-22-2007, 10:16 PM,
Welcome to the PzC games! Regarding the alt OOB, and any add ons, all new scenarios a player might create with either new units involved or any changes to the existing stock values requires a new OOB. That way the original scenarios are left untouched, making sure both players have the same OOB for that.

As to playing the alt versus stock scenarios for anyone, it is purely choice. The alt versions aren't going to be easier to play, for example, just that they will play differently.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
05-22-2007, 10:48 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-22-2007, 10:56 PM by FLG.)
matxer Wrote:I'm new to the Panzer Campaigns series.

I see that the alt package contains a new OOB.
Is this a problem for PBEM ?
More generally, is this alt package recommended for noobs or should I stick to the stock M44 ?

Also altering such things as the OOB will not effect PBEM games currently underway. A modification to the OOB would only affect new games.

And as Ricky said, Volcano Man's OOB is seperate to the std OOB, they have different names. Hence, Volcano Man's OOB will not affect any std games, and is used only for the new scenerios that come with Volcano Man's download, these scenarios have the _alt extension

Whether you use VM's alt scenarios is up to you. They are no better or worse than the standard scenarios, they just play different. Some people prefer them others prefer stock.

I would, however, definitely download and install VM's package just for the art, which is much better than stock art. If you install VM's package the art would be used by both the stock and alt scenrios. This is just an art mod and will not affect the play of the game at all.

05-22-2007, 11:39 PM,
RE:�� Minsk '44 Alt art / scenario pack updated (again)
FLG Wrote:Also altering such things as the OOB will not effect PBEM games currently underway. A modification to the OOB would only affect new games.
Actually, to clarify this, changes to the OOB DO affect any current or new game using that OOB. It is ready each time a scenario or saved game is opened, using the values at that point. Some data, primarily that in the scenario file, is saved with the saved game, but the OOB data is not, it is ready separately.

Rick
05-23-2007, 12:21 AM,
Thx all, I'll install this alt package.

Are there new scenarios available for M44 (apart from those included in the alt package, I mean) ?
05-23-2007, 01:14 AM,
Ricky B Wrote:
FLG Wrote:Also altering such things as the OOB will not effect PBEM games currently underway. A modification to the OOB would only affect new games.
Actually, to clarify this, changes to the OOB DO affect any current or new game using that OOB. It is ready each time a scenario or saved game is opened, using the values at that point. Some data, primarily that in the scenario file, is saved with the saved game, but the OOB data is not, it is ready separately.

Rick

I have only been playing this game for three years and still learning. Thanks for correcting me Ricky.
05-23-2007, 06:30 AM,
And I have been playing longer than that and sometimes get surprised by how certain things work in the game - there is just a lot happening for anyone to not still find out new things from time to time!

Rick