• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Follow up on "My rant - supply sources"
05-16-2007, 03:44 PM,
Follow up on "My rant - supply sources"
First of all, thanks to Dave for sending in his BTL file as it allowed me a way to clearly what the issue was. Just another example of how the file sent to us allows us to zero in and really understand the issue beforfe we attempt to correct it.

Also keep in mind that the Scns in this title are technically not mine to do with as I see fit. But I looked over the situation and could see the root of the issue was:

- a smaller Scn with only one or two Supply Source
- a gamey tactic whereby a player put one helicopter and a second ground recon through the lines and sat on both of the Scn Supply Sources

It was further compounded by reinforcements which arrive but had no protection value assigned thus blocking their arrival. In fairness to the original scn designer, this was an early title and I doubt anyone would have added more Supply Sources in a title this early in the series evolution. And we hadn't seen a lot of examples of people sitting on Reinforcement hexes enough to know we had to counter it even in hexes where we didn't expect to find enemy units here.

To counter these effects in many of the FG85 Scns, I've gone through them all and:

1) added enough Supply Sources to the Scn to make it much harder to for someone to sit of the few in some of the scn and isolate the entire defenders force.

and

2) Added a protection value of 1 to virtually every reinforcement group, which includes Exp Supply units too because when I did this I used a text editor and couldn't tell an Exp Supply unit from any other combat unit.

These changes won't completely "fix" the situation but it won't hurt either - at least I think it has more positive things than negative impact.

I hope to have a few FG85 players give the patch a go and if I can get an "all ok" before the end of the weekend, then I hopr we can get this one released before the Tillercon.

Note - this will bring this MC title up to the Minsk '44 AI improvements for those interested in AI play.

Glenn
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply