• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Commenst on Minsk Campaign and VM alt version- No fixed units campaign
05-15-2007, 02:28 AM,
Commenst on Minsk Campaign and VM alt version- No fixed units campaign
Hi

Without doubt this is an interesting game.

Its hard to believe the Germans could be caught out this badly. I am playing the no fixed units alt campaign as the axis we are on turn 16 . Initially I made some very powerful counterattacks with the 20th PZG and FHH AND ONE OTHER unit managed to close two Russian crossings before having to withdraw , I killed about 10 Russian battalions isolated and killed 2 Russian Tank Battalions . But now the front is breaking apart - everywhere .

What I wonder should be the objective of the Germans . What should I expect the Russians need to do . Kill everything , exit the map ?? From what I see you have to .

1. Deny access of the Soviet mobile forces to the paved roads for as long as possible

2. Control key bridges for your escape

3. Hold Minsk , I suppose

4. Prevent you units being destroyed fully

5. Stop the partisans triggering the bridges , 2 hex patrolling does not stop them as i see they move fast

Other comments for VM Alt interest

The axis air is only HE111 find this a bit strange I would expect to see more types , the designation as carpet bombers seems realistic ( and helpful ) and works well

Axis air interdiction on Russian Art units is very powerful . I think that the defence value of art ( Russian ) units seems quite low and counter battery is therefore really viable . The issue of the hard attack is settled I see , it really was too weak .

German inf hard attack values seem a bit low , they seem to be able to do almost nothing , I would have thought that there was a lot of PZF and PZCK available at this time .

The changes to the Russian INF fire values are good and needed , Russians are reasonable at close range ( assault ) but ranged fire I always thought they lacked ranged weapons .

I find in assaults the axis defender often losses more ( much more ) than the attacker even if the assault fails . This makes the Russians kinda auto assault for this alone - is this a product of this mod ??

What is the opinion of others

Michael

Quote this message in a reply
05-15-2007, 02:42 AM,
RE: Commenst on Minsk Campaign and VM alt version- No fixed units campaign
With 1 mile hexes, the panzershreck and panzerfaust are assault range weapons only, and shouldn't contribute to the infantry hard attack. I was under the impression that the infantry hard attack numbers were related to AT assets organic to the infantry battalions (37/45/50 mm AT guns and maybe ATRs) and possibly some AA assets (20mm/37mm) that are broken up and included in the battalions rather than included as individual units (which is probably more representative for some of the AA assets like the German flak truck/HTs)

05-15-2007, 03:18 AM,
Actually you are correct but there must be an active way for inf to attack armour and 1 hex is the only way to do that
M
05-15-2007, 04:07 AM,
Hi I have played the Campaign as The Germans and I held and counter attacked for about the first day .Then after that it is run for you life and try to save what you can needless to say I never made it to the end.I would like to see if a german player can make it to the end
05-15-2007, 08:19 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-15-2007, 11:37 AM by Volcano Man.)
Send this user an email