• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New Assistant Moderator for CM Forums!
05-11-2007, 10:49 AM,
Thumbs_Up  New Assistant Moderator for CM Forums!
Well Folks, there comes a time when one must accept that the load you carry is too much for the time you can dedicate.

I've been juggling with the idea of an assistant for a bit now pending the arrival of CM-SF and, God forbid, CM Campaigns (if they ever get it going) and it's a good idea to spread the duty around a bit to keep burnout from becoming a problem.

I do not want to dwell in the past of indifferences and feel that when one keeps their face to the light, you cannot see the shadows.

This will be a transition from a single moderating style to a more open dual moderation style. I hope it will bring the life back home here for another flip of the hourglass and that the community benefits from the efforts.

So it has come to that time now to make an interior move. One to ensure that TheBlitz can moderate these forums with a fresh enthusiasm and with reputable member, who I feel is worthy of his name.

I am proud to say that McIvan will be our newest assistant moderator here on the CM forums.

I hope you all will share the anticipation and honor his efforts to bring forth new ideas and order to the Forums here.

Lets give him a warm welcome!

Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2007, 10:58 AM,
RE: New Assistant Moderator for CM Forums!
Congrats to you Sir McIvan... with an 84-3 record and a ELO that is out of this world... I am sure you will be worthy of your new challanges in maintaining the great atmosphere this club has.... I feel sorry for the 3 blokes that beat you...lmao...

Again Congrats and I will support you anyway I can...

That is all...
***** Fredrocker's Combat Mission Site *****"Nobody cares how much you know, until they know how much you care." - Theodore Roosevelt
Send this user an email
05-11-2007, 11:10 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-11-2007, 06:45 PM by McIvan.)
Thanks RD, for the kind introduction.....and thanks also Fredrocker; if only that stuff had any bearing! I don't recall feeling as apprehensive before setting up a game of CM Eek

People may be interested (or worried!) as to whether this appointment signals any change in moderator policy: the answer is a firm no. The CM Forum rules will be applied as they stand. I have my own style of moderating, sure, but that is to be applied in furtherance of the rules as stated.

The next has to be said, because I think some people will wonder even if they don't ask. I firmly believe it to be best, at this point and for the forseeable future, to keep complete separation between causes of past conflict....the people concerned know what those are. Those issues are neither to be imported here nor attacked nor defended nor justified here; they are simply not to get a mention one way or the other. Such threads/posts will be deleted instantly no matter who wrote them, and further action might follow. I believe all moderators will come down hard on any infraction.

This should be, and usually is, a board of comradely respect. That means a board where people can disagree with each other in lively wargaming and historical topic discussions, but where uncalled for personal attacks are frowned on and rightly so. I will being doing my best to help keep this board running harmoniously.

It is impossible to set down concrete rules on future treatment of every situation. People may PM me at any stage to talk about anything, particularly to let me know that there is a post which has upset them and which they feel needs moderating. People should especially PM me if they disagree about a particular moderating decision. Please note that you may say what you like in any PM within legal limits, I will try to always reply politely and respectfully.

If we can not reach agreement in our PMs as to whether a moderating decision was justified, my usual personal policy would be to submit the decision for review by another moderator. Normal rights of appeal to club leaders of course apply, but I am hopeful that we can all get along at the grassroots level with commonsense and goodwill :)

Phew....glad I got all that out of the way! Now back to the gaming.....

Best wishes to all
05-11-2007, 01:36 PM,
Whatever....just get on with it!!

LOL!!!!

Good to have another hand on the helm. I'm sure McIvan will do just fine.

Good Hunting.

MR
05-11-2007, 01:46 PM,
Surely a man's allowed a ramble on his maiden thread :P
05-11-2007, 03:55 PM,
Well said Randy and Ivan. For too long now we have been living on these boards with one eye in the past. As Randy says the future is bright and I look forward to contributing in any way possible.

Congrats on your appointment Ivan. I look forward to working with you.

Bootie
05-11-2007, 07:13 PM,
Congrats McIvan on the appointment. More hands make lighter work... you stocked up on the antacids yet? Big Grin ... looks like a stressful job.
05-11-2007, 07:21 PM,
Oh!! hell no. I jest. Congrats McIvan. I look forward to more expression's of your flare for penmanship. It never hurts too have 2 sets of eyes on the target.

Once again congrats.
05-11-2007, 11:09 PM,
McIvan and Red Dev,

Glad to see this. Always a good thing when two people can work together towards a solution. cheers

Welcome aboard, McIvan.
05-11-2007, 11:43 PM,
Congrats Ivan!! :cool:

Excellent choice Randy!!

cheers