• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Hubble bubble
05-10-2007, 02:58 PM,
Hubble bubble
A mate of mine here at Blitz just got anonymously red-repped with this message attached -"I will have peace when you frag lot just go away and leave our club alone."
See why I hate rep systems in any club, they just cause trouble..
Quote this message in a reply
05-10-2007, 03:22 PM,
RE: Hubble bubble
who gives a shit... like Macevelli said it is better to be hated and feared than loved and admired... get over it.
I DEMAND THAT EVERYONE READING THIS GIVES ME A BAD (red) REP!

If you don't I'll lose this much sleep: 0

05-10-2007, 03:39 PM,
You cant please all of the people all of the time mate.
05-10-2007, 06:49 PM,
Self moderation (besides being so web2.0ish) is a good thing, but can be abused. Don't get bothered by occasional red reps.If you had only greens then you would be the pope.
05-10-2007, 10:09 PM,
exactly Kineas, Mick, please stop the rep rants, the Rep points will remain here and Members found to abuse the system will be warned and disciplined if they continue to abuse the system.

If you're getting excessive points, PM the complaint to me or Club staff and we'll investigate, other than that, ignore them or use them as educational tools.

Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
05-11-2007, 01:55 AM,
The rep system would be okay if peoples names were attached to each point, but because its anonymous it means the red reppers can be cowards and hit somebody without blowing their cover.
For example I get reds calling me "arrogant", "whiner", and sometimes they say they hit me "simply because it annoys you".
Such childish behaviour lowers the tone of the Blitz and makes it seem more like a schoolyard than a serious adult wargame club and I'm therefore beginning to feel uncomfortable here..
05-11-2007, 02:22 AM,
It a bit of a catch 22 though, yes it means that you don't know who reps you, (for good or bad), but it also means that you don't get into the situation of, 'well you red repped me, so i'm going to red rep you back" which is childish.

As for people red repping you 'simply because it annoys you', just a suggestion, but it you didn't keep on about it then you may well find, (as with most people who do things just to get a reaction), they'll get bored and stop it. They might not of course, but surely it's worth a go?!

That all aside, keep up the good work on the reports, (that kind of contribution to this club is the stuff for which I green rep people; however, incessant whinging and disruptive behaviour here is the kind of activity for which I would red rep someone!)
05-11-2007, 02:47 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-11-2007, 02:47 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
But red repping somebody is in itself a form of whinging and disruption.. ;)
Other clubs don't have rep systems and they're the better for it because it cuts out all the anonymous behind the scenes squabbling, and forces people to post up front, like men.. ;)
05-11-2007, 02:54 AM,
Well, they affect me so much I don't have an idea of whether I have any or not. I don't even know where to go to find them. I would guess on my profile. They are such a small part of what the Blitz is, that I would think that most members don't know about their use or whereabouts.

I would expect to have some since as has been pointed out...you are not going to agree with everybody all the time. But they are not going to affect my posting here.

Good Hunting.

MR
05-11-2007, 03:28 AM,
The repping system here is a form of feedback, (both good and bad). Just repping someone without leaving any worthwhile written comment has limited worth. If someone leaves a comment then it at least gives you something tangable to look at such as, 'liked your post about xyz' or 'sorry but get off your high horse', but as with any feedback it's up to you as to whether you accept it, agree with it, or give a damn about it.

At the end of the day Dev has already made it clear that they're here to stay so I would suggest not worrying about something over which you have little or no control and concentrate on that over which you do, e.g. the game and what you post about it here.

If there are those that get amusement over petty harrassing tactics and don't have something constructive to say, (and not all constructive feedback has to be positive), sod 'em!