• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Let us spray
05-10-2007, 12:25 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-24-2007, 10:33 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
Let us spray
[Image: spray1.jpg]

[Image: spray2.jpg]

[Image: spray3.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
05-10-2007, 12:28 PM,
RE: Let us spray
how does the MG fare with the same situations at hand POS?

Does it rack up the kills as well or just pin the poor bastages?
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
05-10-2007, 02:21 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-24-2007, 10:35 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
I just ran it again with an MG42 (below) and then again with an SMG squad.
In both cases the same thing happened just as in the pics above, namely close-packed units suffer more than dispersed units, so try to stay around 25m apart if possible.
However the MG42 and the SMG squad did cause more casualties than the squad, not surprising seeing as they have a higher firepower rating than the ordinary squad.
Pic below shows the Russians running like jackrabbits after being entertained by the MG42.
Same thing happened when I switched the MG for an SMG squad, there were heavy Russian casualties again.
CONCLUSION - Rifle squads, SMG squads and HMG's all spray fire at not only the target but at his nearby pals as well, but the HMG and SMG cause more casualties because of their higher firepower rating

[Image: spraymg1.jpg]
05-10-2007, 09:59 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-10-2007, 10:00 PM by RedDevil.)
Thanks for that!

and it was also noticeable that the HQ unit took a major hit even tho it was not targeted and got wiped out.

I'm guessing the AI auto targets HQs over regular INF in any situation where it has a choice? Did you test this anywhere and I missed it?
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
05-11-2007, 02:50 AM,
RE:��Let us spray
05-13-2007, 12:02 PM,
A quick side note - the 25m 'spray envelope' is applicable to open ground. I believe it is smaller in better cover, so you can keep your men a bit closer together in cover without danger of splash damage. Not sure of exact ranges and such...
05-13-2007, 02:59 PM,
So far as I know, it's not even coverage throughout the 25m radius, so in cover, with the big % reduction in firepower that this already affords, you will see the fire become more or less ineffective after about 14-15 metres...