• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Blitz CM Forums Issue
05-09-2007, 12:10 AM,
Blitz CM Forums Issue
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2007, 12:50 AM,
RE: Blitz CM Forums Issue
Well said - and about time too. Keep personal issues of the boards and if they are brought up use this post as a little reminder to the rules that have been put down.

People are free to come and go as they please so if they do disagree with these rules then the answer is simple. Leave.

05-09-2007, 02:45 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-09-2007, 02:48 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
As a neutral observer I believe Randy's in the right.
This is a 'pure' CM forum where people can come to talk purely about CM in peace and quiet.
So if somebody starts rocking the boat and ignores warnings to stop, he's got to go,and if his friends don't like it they can go too..
In any forum I ran, i'd issue warnings, then if they weren't heeded I'd slap a months ban on the offender. Then if he ever came back I'd hit him with another months ban the instant he stepped out of line, and another after that, and another and another..
And his whining cronies would get the same treatment..;)
After all, disrupters and their pals are a minority anyway and I'm sure most members would be glad to see the back of 'em..
PS -Don't get me wrong, talking sh*t is fine in forums where its allowed but the Blitz ain't one of 'em.. :)
05-09-2007, 03:12 AM,
I appreciate Red Devil as the moderator and his viewpoint about controlling personal attacks. Good natured humor is one thing, personal attacks over a disagreement should not be allowed in the open forum.... it's infantile and wastes our valuable gaming time. He corrected me once when I commented about a potential racial slur... 'nuff said for me, I dropped it and went on. Should be that way for anybody that gets a comment from the moderator. I would not want to see this forum devolve into a lot of profane insults and silliness.... POS' earlier comments about this being sort of a collegial "officers [and other ranks out of respect for our serving enlisted personnel on the forum] mess" is a good example, i.e. collegial disagrements and humor as well as professional discussions on gaming issues is what the forum should be about. Just my opinion.
05-09-2007, 07:40 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-09-2007, 12:24 PM by McIvan.)
05-09-2007, 07:43 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-09-2007, 07:45 AM by McIvan.)
RE:��Blitz CM Forums Issue
05-09-2007, 07:53 AM,
Well I guess thats your opinion and your entitled to it but I see this as a drawing a line in the sand and moving on from all the sh*t that has gone beforehand. The rules are there... you either abide by them or move on.

I mean it wasnt so long ago Carmen Miranda was spamming the MB in numerous areas and we all know where that orginated from.

Also concessions have been made by Randy... in so far as he has made it possible for non Blitz members and banned members a small area to get involved in POS' tournament. That was a big decision he made... no other boards at the club have let banned members back in.

Another point I'd like to make is that if everyone (or even a large majority) did disagree with Randy he wouldnt still be here as a moderator. Simple fact is people sitting on the fence can see both points of view and choose to either support him or just stay quiet and abide by the rules.

Your a good member McIvan but if you dont like the rules your not forced to stay here.

Well thats how I see it anyways.
05-09-2007, 08:31 AM,
Bootie Wrote:Your a good member ....... but if you dont like the rules your not forced to stay here.

That's how I see the whole issue. As long as the rules are clear. You know what they are. If you don't like them you don't have to stay here.

Good Hunting.

MR
05-09-2007, 10:17 AM,
Personally speaking, I don't mind people arguing with me in Blitz if its purely related to CM tactics, then we can have a good interesting discussion about it and and learn from it..
And in other forums where personal insults are allowed, I don't mind that either because I can reply in kind and we all end up having a good laugh, it's great fun.. :)
The moral? - If you want to discuss pure CM, the Blitz is the place to do it, but if you want to throw personal insults into the mix there are other places to do it, take your pick.. :)
05-10-2007, 09:09 AM,
Thumbs_Up  RE: Blitz CM Forums Issue
Good postings by members and excellent points raised. Let's hope it stays that way :)
Randy, you do a good job here so keep it up mate.