• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Anvil of Victory Tournament
05-08-2007, 09:04 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-22-2007, 10:22 AM by Tide1.)
Anvil of Victory Tournament
War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want.William Tecumseh Sherman
Quote this message in a reply
05-08-2007, 09:08 AM,
RE: Anvil of Victory Tournament
Nacbar 2 reporting for duty
05-08-2007, 09:25 AM,
Welcome sir :)
War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want.William Tecumseh Sherman
05-09-2007, 04:43 AM,
;)
05-09-2007, 10:00 AM,
Just a quick couple of questions..

how does the scoring work? also why were all of the ALT fire resolution options picked?

Thanks

Scott
05-09-2007, 11:11 AM,
Hi Scott

The scoring is simple. The total you have accumulated in victory points at the end of the scenario.

The first 2 scenarios have been tweaked for better head 2 head play. and the alternative rules should enhance gameplay.
The 3rd scenario is not an alternate scenario so the 2 players that make it to that one will have the option of playing default rules or staying with the set of alternates.

I hope I answered clearly. If anyone else can add feel welcome cheers

Tide1

05-09-2007, 02:01 PM,
Hey Tide

Thanks for responding 8) I still don't understand how the scoring works. Does a player play once as Axis and once as Allied? Or better yet is there a FAQ somewhere i can read that will tell me? I appreciate your time explaining to me.

Scott
05-10-2007, 09:46 AM,
Hi Scott

This is an explanation of mirrored scenarios by our esteemed Dog Soldier :cool:

Mirrored games are when gamers play the same scenario twice, once as each side (Axis and Allied). This a method to remove any bias the scenario has for one side or the other.

For the purpose of this tournament, it is important that you play both games at the same time. The length of the scenarios could become a problem if you try to play them "end to end". For PzC scenarios, only one side receives victory points (VP). That side is referred to as the "first side" the player that makes the first move. The scenarios rate the level of victory on how many points the first side accumulates. This tournament will be judged on the total victory points accumulated.... so be sure to play both games in each round to stay in the hunt.

It is also a great way to play regular games as many scenarios are designed for only one side to attack and the other to defend. A mirror match allows both players to have a turn as the attacker and defender.

Dog Soldier

In the Anvil of Victory Tournament the scenarios won't be mirrored so whoever gets the highest total of victory points either Allied or Axis will win the scenario. I just tack the names of the players onto a dart board on the wall behind me and toss a dart over my shoulder and yell Allied or Axis and that is the side the player gets to play.... If the dart hits a name that is ;)

Tide1
05-12-2007, 05:41 AM,
;)
05-12-2007, 05:56 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-12-2007, 05:58 AM by Volcano Man.)
Excellent!

*edit* PM sent

Ok, I am off to sign up. :)
Send this user an email