• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Blitz CM Forum now invisible to Guests - why this is a bad thing
05-08-2007, 07:33 AM,
Blitz CM Forum now invisible to Guests - why this is a bad thing
I note that the CM forums on the Blitz are now invisible to "Guests", who cannot see them or post on them.

This is the only forum to do so on all of the Blitz, as of today.

I think I have a pretty good idea of the petty reasoning behind it.

I will content myself with pointing out the following:

1. Prospective members coming to this site will, on cursory examination, conclude that the Blitz does not support CM....since every other game forum is visible except this one. This policy will actively hurt recruitment.

2. The POS tourny forum is likewise invisible to all the guests that were previously posting on it. What are they going to do?

2. POS's excellent threads on game mechanics are accessed by many in the internet CM community from, for example, Battlefront, and it is a shame to make those unavailable to the wider community. They won't necessarily figure out that they're supposed to become members.

I would hope that this policy will be shortly reversed.
05-08-2007, 07:37 AM,
RE: Blitz CM Forum now invisible to Guests - why this is a bad thing
How the hell did you figure that out... I didnt notice because Im always logged in?
05-08-2007, 07:41 AM,
Because a guest noticed and I learned of it from them; I then logged out and had a look. I do also periodically clear out my cookies (although this wasn't one of those days).
05-08-2007, 07:47 AM,
I was the "Guest"...I had recently cleared my cookies. Not a good idea as it can effect recruitment.
05-08-2007, 08:15 AM,
Well now.. I never suspected that hiding this forums from nosy unwanted guests would hurt our recruiting levels here, since several people joined the CM ladder just today!
Good call guys, I'm really happy you've actually shown concern for our membership levels here. We wouldn't want to deprive anyone of being able to view our fantastic forums full of good INTEL and tips and thus encouraging them to join our club to reap the benefits of membership.

I apologize for copying something I noticed elsewhere, I shouldn't have stooped that low, will only be beaten by experience, as they say.

Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
05-08-2007, 08:44 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-08-2007, 08:50 AM by McIvan.)
05-08-2007, 08:46 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-08-2007, 08:47 AM by McIvan.)
05-08-2007, 09:04 AM,
I'll give my sarcasm to those who give it to me.

Since the only complainers were frag members, it's pretty clear where the concerns lie.

The forums are viewable again, I realize I was just having a kneejerk reaction like tease as super-mod here and the situation is rectified now and everyone can once again see our super forums here and continue their education of CM..

Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
05-08-2007, 09:05 AM,
05-08-2007, 09:12 AM,
Sorry Bootie, you've got me dead to rights. I am disgraced :)