• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Updated France '40 ALT art / scenario pack
04-26-2007, 03:36 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-27-2007, 03:08 PM by Volcano Man.)
Updated France '40 ALT art / scenario pack
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
04-26-2007, 03:38 PM,
RE: Updated France '40 ALT art / scenario pack
Now if I can only catch up and put all the ALT scenarios in the scenario db on this site...

Unfortunately I do not have the time.
Send this user an email
04-27-2007, 07:05 AM,
Just wanted to say thanks for all your efforts. I especially like the addition of Thomas Wulfe's unit boxes in the packs. I didn't care for them at first but I've since changed my mind. I find that the brown borders make it much easier to distinguish which unit is currently selected when they're stacked.

Thanks again.
.."A critical oversight that has led to yet another mouthful of poo." . Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe
04-27-2007, 08:38 AM,
Glad you like it. :)
Send this user an email
04-27-2007, 12:39 PM,
That's a radical change from the original oob...

Quote:Quality adjustments in the French Army (McNamara db rates French units much better that stock so their line units need lower (mostly) quality adjustments to compensate)...

From what I have seen a lot of Professional units have seen their moral lowered as well as their quality... I am not sure to get your point... Big Grin
Send this user an email
04-27-2007, 03:00 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-27-2007, 03:29 PM by Volcano Man.)
Send this user an email
04-27-2007, 03:00 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-27-2007, 03:01 PM by Volcano Man.)
*double post*
Send this user an email
04-27-2007, 03:17 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-27-2007, 03:18 PM by Volcano Man.)
Send this user an email
04-27-2007, 09:28 PM,
Well, the units that were at E were not professional units. They could be from 1st or second reserve.

Their rating didn't come out of a magician hat. ;) Big Grin

Also the defense rating, if you read the rules, don't do much difference for units on foot (for example) that are not on travel mode. They will always keep the defaut defense rating: 16.

Quote:There are more factors involved than strictly whether they were trained regular or not, such as national morale, their general level of unprepardness to meet this new form of warfare and the overall neglect of the entire military due to the Maginot Line.

Well, I think you should read Karl H. Frieser and his book Blitzkrieg Legend it would open you eyes.
http://www.ausa.org/webpub/DeptILW.nsf/byid/KCAT-6EUPZY

That book was my principal source to work on the scenarios.
I think what makes it difficult to recreate the breakthrough in the Ardennes is that the Allies (or should I say, the player) has more time to prepare their troops for the German attack. Knowing that historically they didn't take the move seriously until it became too late. What would help to recreate that part of the campaign would be to have a scenario starting on the 12th or 13 instead of the 10th.

The allied player would have less time to anticipate, but still a chance to do better that historically without taking out the chance for the German to reach the sea.
my 2 cents...
Send this user an email
04-28-2007, 12:11 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-28-2007, 02:14 AM by Volcano Man.)
Send this user an email